Felicia's Reviews > Ashes of Honor

Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire

Sep 10, 12

bookshelves: urban-paranormal, vaginal-urban-fantasy
Read in September, 2012

This installment bumped this series up to the top of my urban-paranormal series list! I am so invested in the world building and the characters now, and the looming sense that something bad is around the corner. At the same time the romance is real and awesome, but doesn't overshadow the adventure. October is such a great heroine, she's come a LONG way from the first book in the series, that's for sure! Highly recommend it, can't wait for the next! Of all the "Faerie" urban fantasy series out there, I enjoy this one the most. If you like the Dark Fever series or Kate Daniels series, you'll def like this one.
32 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes of Honor.

Karo Was looking forward to your vacation reviews! Will have to check this out as I enjoyed both the Fever series and Kate Daniels.

Bastard Can't wait to read this one. I've been really enjoying this series, particularly since the 4th book and on, which really took the series to a new level.

message 3: by Phil (new) - added it

Phil No kindle edition for book 1 ? Shame.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson hmm may we have this for a vf book pick then maybe?! pretty please?!

Karo @Phil -- Rosemary and Rue is available for the Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Rosemary-Rue-Oc...

message 6: by Phil (new) - added it

Phil Thanks Karo. I couldn't see it because it's not available for those of us in Australia.

message 7: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn She also writes under the name Mira Grant. I just finished reading "Blackout", the final installment of her zombie-future series, and it was awesome! I'm not a huge zombie fan anyway, so it has to be really, really top-notch to hold my interest. "Feed" and "Deadline", the first two installments, were both Hugo award nominees, and I expect this one to be nominated too. Oh, and she sings: she was also nominated for her CD "Wicked Girls". If you can't tell by now, I'm a fan. :-)

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson LeAnn wrote: "She also writes under the name Mira Grant. I just finished reading "Blackout", the final installment of her zombie-future series, and it was awesome! I'm not a huge zombie fan anyway, so it has to ..."

so she has cant believe I forgot that tom and veronica interviewed her on the sword and laser podcast, would very much like to read this series :)

bookmarkedpage I highly recommend the suggestion above to read the Newsflesh Trilogy written under McGuire's pseudonym, and the novella companion pieces that go with it.

message 10: by Lianne (new)

Lianne Burwell Another plug for her Mira Grant novels here. And the second ebook novella, San Diego 2014: Last Stand of the Browncoats is fantastic. The zombie apocalypse at San Diego Comicon...

Larissa I am so with you!!! I feel this series needs so much more love, it is fantastic! The romance is so real and not in your face... I love it! =D