Farrah's Reviews > Of Blood and Bone

Of Blood and Bone by Courtney Cole

Oct 19, 12

Read in September, 2012

This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

I LOVED Courtney Cole’s YA book, Dante’s Girl. So when I heard about a new adult book she wrote, I was all for it. And it didn’t disappoint at all. Courtney, you’ve completely wowed me again.

The setting of this book, Malta, was gorgeous. The descriptions were a sensory delight. I truly felt like I was in this lush, beautiful location. I really have to applaud Courtney for the fabulous job she did creating the setting. It was magnificent.

Eva was a strong lead. She was smart and strong, the epitome of the independent woman. Her career as a psychiatrist gives her the ability to read a person like a book. It was really interesting to see. She’s also very compassionate, determined to do her best to help people. She was a lovely heroine, one that anyone would like.

Luca was a total enigma. On one hand, he’s sweet and passionate and a total dreamboat. But on the other hand, he has so many skeletons in his closet and a hell of a dark secret. But despite all of that heaviness, it isn’t hard at all to fall for him. He’s a complex character, one that has so much to him that he feels real. His situation tugs at your heart and his sweetness gets you wrapped around his finger in no time. Needless to say, I was enormously fond of him.

The relationship between Eva and Luca was…explosive to say the least. It’s dark and passionate, but tempered with a true love. It was paced well, not too fast but not unbearably slow. Their relationship was well drawn out and, though it is far from perfect, it was real and tangible.

The plot line was excellent. The twists in this book are crazy. I never saw any of them coming. When the whole situation was revealed, I was in total shock. My jaw literally dropped. The pace moved quickly and the ending was magnificent, complete with a cliffhanger that will leave you dying to find out what happens next.

Of Blood and Bone is a spectacular book. It has romance, mystery, suspense, and paranormal elements. If any of that appeals to you, you’ll love this book.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Blood and Bone.