Chad Case's Reviews > The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman

Sep 10, 2012

liked it

Being of huge fan of The Walking Dead, I was excited when I first got this book. However, it didn't take long before buyers remorse set in.

Be warned, SPOILERS lay ahead:

In the comic books, the Governor is one of the most vile and evil characters. He tortures people, rapes women and has children killed. So one would assume that he must have been pretty messed up, right? Well, not really. In this book we find out that Brian Blake, not his brother Phillip, is The Governor. Which would not be also find out that Brian is nothing more than a wimp and a babysitter to his niece.

The book would have been better had it kept on its path and let Phillip been the Governor. He was the one who had lost his daughter, best friend and his mind. He was capable of doing bad things to anyone: dead or living. But I understand story telling and at how you want to surprise the reader, however, the twist (which I had expected early on) at the end was disappointing.

All in all 'The Rise of the Governor' wasn't a bad book. It is a quick read and does have its tense moments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead.

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle can you mail it to me LOL.

Chad Case Lol, I would but I got the book signed by T-Dog, Sophia, & the swamp walker.