Jessica B's Reviews > Not Quite a Husband

Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas

Dec 29, 2008

bookshelves: historical-romance, own, kindle, 2011, delirity-challenges
Read from August 18 to 22, 2011

This was actually a lot better than I had originally thought it would be. I didn't really think myself a fan of the historicals that take place outside of excitement of London life. However this book was beautiful and I think it has changed my mind.

I thought Bryony was going to be too overbearing as a heroine to make a good character but in the end I ended of loving her and being astonished at the fact that she could forgive Leo and still find a way to try and make their relationship work in the end.

At first I felt bad for Leo and the way Bryony treated him. But after I found out what he did I didn't blame her. She was a very amazing and strong character to get passed it.

My favourite parts of the book were the flashback parts. To really see what their life was like and how hard their lives had become. Their relationship was definitely a prime example of why communication is very important!

I didn't think I would like this book but it surpassed my expectations and I will definitely try more from this author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Quite a Husband.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I gave this one 4 stars, too. I enjoyed it!

Jessica B I really enjoyed it too. It was the betrayal that had me a little iffy and not quite meeting the 5 stars, but I think Sherry Thomas did a spectacular job of making even me forgive our hero.