Jeanne's Reviews > The Asylum Interviews: Trixie

The Asylum Interviews by Jocelynn Drake

F 50x66
Sep 16, 12

Read in September, 2012

This is the second of two pre-qeul short stories for a new series. Like the first one, I was very pleaantly surprised by both the depth of the story and the world building as well as the well built personalities of the characters. Short stories can very easily fail to deliver on both of these points and they are often not as interesting as full length books for that reason. In this case however, Jocelynn Drake does an incredible job of building the story, the world, and the characters. She leaves the reader wanting to know more about the series and the characters. They have secrets and problems and in the case of Gage (the narrator for the two prequels) we know what that secret and problem are - we just don;t know how they are going to play out (though we are pretty clear that they will be central to the story line).

I don't often say that I am excited for a new series based on one or even two short story prequels, but in this case I am. I will most definitely be picking up the first book when it comes out next month and I have high hopes for the series. Strongly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Asylum Interviews.