Kristi's Reviews > Beauty and the Feast

Beauty and the Feast by Julia  Barrett

Sep 11, 12

Read from September 10 to 11, 2012

I didn't love this book nor did I hate it. As I read it, I asked myself this question: What happened to the love in romances?

I like a good love scene, don't get me wrong. However when I see the words "fuck" and the words pertaining to the male and female anatomy that begin with the letter "C" (NO. I do NOT say those words and don't allow them to be said in my presence. Ironically, I don't find the f-bomb nearly as offensive), it makes me think that these people are in it just for physical gratification.

F-ing is what you do when you pick up somebody in a bar for a one-night stand or possibly even hire a hooker. And here these two were, supposedly in love, and doing the f-ing thing and begging for it.

I have to say if my husband dropped that word while we were doing the deed, I'd kick his ass out of bed and never let him touch me again!

People fall in love, have sex, get married, whatever but it's supposed to be based on love not lust and you certainly don't drop the f-bomb on them while you're in the act and expect respect at the end.

I liked the story for the most part but I thought it would have been much better without the crass language and without the fight scene.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty and the Feast.