Dolly's Reviews > Forest of Secrets

Forest of Secrets by Erin Hunter

1019021
Sep 13, 12

bookshelves: 2012, middle-grade, scifi-fantasy-mythology, young-adult, pets, childrens
Recommended for: middle grade readers
Read from September 10 to 13, 2012, read count: 1

This is the third book in the Warriors series. It appears to be the first series of many about wild cats. With more than 300 pages, this is a great book for children to start expanding their reading comprehension abilities and challenging themselves with longer books.

I love books that get our girls excited to read and this series did that for our youngest. She is in love with this series! I like to read whatever they are reading, so we can chat about the stories and discuss the characters and plots.

This was a quick, entertaining and dramatic read. Despite the number of pages, I was still able to finish it in a short time. I find it interesting that this series is cowritten by a group of female authors who go by the pseudonym Erin Hunter. With four writers in the group, it certainly allows them to be prolific. There is more violence, deceit and treachery in this book than I expected, but with the sheer number of books, I suppose the authors have to keep the audience's attention somehow.

I am sure that our youngest will want to read all of the different Warriors series, and I will probably read them right along with her. I am starting to grow attached to the different characters and I'm beginning to care what happens to them. I'm not sure if I'll love the series, but I certainly like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forest of Secrets.