Elysha's Reviews > East

East by Edith Pattou

F_50x66
Sep 10, 12

Read in April, 2012

I first discovered this book about six years ago. I had run across it in my local library, opened the cover and began to read. It reminded me of one of my childhood pleasures of the movie "The Polar Bear King." I picked it up, checked it out and headed home. From the moment I started reading the book I was hooked. I had it for three weeks, and I read it at least four times.
The characters come alive before yours, there is intrigue, passion, adventure, and self-discovery. Pain, heartbreak, and the willingness to continue on for love, for hope, and for a promise. This adventure is magic in the making. With lies, magic and cold trekking, the spins of the world are within this book. The author takes you into the world and it is as if you are the main character or experiencing it first hand.
My recommendation a must read, if you love magic, folklore, and a journey for love and self-discovery. For me it is one that holds a special place in my heart and I still read it about three times a year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read East.