Sarescent's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Mar 09, 13

bookshelves: 2013-books
Read from March 06 to 09, 2013

I was a little nervous when I read this, because as much as I LOVED and ADORED Delirium, I didn't much care for Pandemonium. But this? This was amazing. Oliver has created a truly unforgettable world and Requiem has made this trilogy one of my all-time favorites.

Oliver did a great job of paralleling Hana and Lena's journeys in this book, and I was equally enraptured with both of them. The writing is beautiful and vivid, and she manages to keep Lena involved in the rebels' plans without making her a super-amazing, brilliant fighter/planner/warrior/leader chick (like, oh, the Hunger Games). I would have liked a little more resolution in the ending, but I understand what Oliver was going for and I respect her overall message.

I could read at least, oh, three more books about the Delirium characters. Why can't we have a Hunter/Bram story? A story about Grace as a teenager? Pippa's backstory, please? A sequel where they create a cure to the cure? I so don't want to leave this world behind....

Oh, and I wanted to add that I LOVED Alex's story. Alex is messy, dirty, wonderous perfection. That should have been a book too!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.