Jacqueline's Reviews > Visions of Sugar Plums

Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich

Dec 28, 08

bookshelves: genre-fiction
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Owned in my personal library
Recommended for: No one- why? It sucked!
Read in December, 2008, read count: Once

After reading the first few pages in the book, at the onset I was pretty sure I was going to enjoy this book. After reading the first chapter, I knew I'd hate it!

Not only did the story seem excessivly rushed, with countless scenes being skimmed over with no detail whatsoever, but the charaters alone were basic and uninteresting. The plot alone was horrible, with a somehow supernatural dude popping into the main character, Stephenie's, life without an explanation whatsoever. The supernatural aspects of the book were not explained at all, to any degree, and the entire status of the relationship between Steph and Desiel (the male lead in the novel) was ignored throughout the book, even to the end. The ending of the novel was entirely rushed, probably more so than the entire book as a whole.

The only brightspot to the book was the occasionally comical sarcastic thoughts and dialogue expressed by the main character. Even this bright spot was few-and-far between, so I can say quiet easily I did NOT enjoy this book, at all
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visions of Sugar Plums.

12/28/2008 page 3
2.01% "At three pages in the plot's unseen, but WOW- Evanovich knows how to grab your attention from the first sentence!"

Whitney Boatright I think that's part of the magic :) we don't have I know everything :) like diesel being there

Jacqueline Meh, the book sucked epic ass in my opinion, predominately because this particular author apparently felt that since she was creating an ass-long series, she was except from logical story telling. The classic, "I don't have to explain now; I'll explain later" deal.

But, to each their own.

Whitney Boatright True but sometimes it's nice to not have same ol same ol

Jacqueline I suppose, but for me I prefer a more concise novel. I'm fine with long-running series, but there needs to be more well rounded story telling within each installment for my taste.