Jacqueline's Reviews > What to Wear to a Seduction

What to Wear to a Seduction by Sari Robins

Nov 30, 2014

bookshelves: genre-romance-historical, classified-five-stars
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Me, Myself, and I
Recommended for: Book lovers of fiery romance and intrigue
Read in June, 2009 , read count: Once

** spoiler alert ** Totally loved this story! Despite the fact the plot was somewhat common in historical romances - two strangers pretend to be engaged to solve a problem- the book never once had a dull or dry moment. Written so I was constantly left wondering what more would develop between Edwina and Prescott, or who the blackmailer was/what he'd do next, I never found myself zoning out of the story.

As for favored characters, I SO love Edwina. Her transformation through the story (both inward and outwardly) is so enjoyable to see, and one that really allows the reader to become immersed in the story on many different levels. Edwina's strong, independent nature blossoms in the progression of the plot and she is most defiantly a character that a reader immediately connects with. Much the same can be said of Prescott. His inner turmoil surrounding his orphanage, adolescent love Cat, and struggle to open himself up to others makes him such an intricate character! The reader constantly finds themselves rooting for him at every chapter.

As favorite scenes go, the first that stands out is the meeting between Edwina and Prescott. Not only is this scene rather comical in a subtle sense, what with Prescott's assumption Edwina strictly wants a potential lover, but also in the overt clumsy antics of Edwina; knocking over the ledger she is caught nosing through. The other award-winning scene strikes at the end of the book, the explosive scene among Sir Lee, Earl Wotton-Berret, Prescott and Edwina. This emotionally and action charged montage was page turning! Pure and simple!

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. From the underlying plot of Ginny being blackmailed to the surprising twist of the elder gentleman-turned-retired-spy being Prescott's grandfather- all went towards making this a very entertaining story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What to Wear to a Seduction.