Michelle 's Reviews > Focus

Focus by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Sep 09, 2012

bookshelves: kindle, review-on-blog, ari
Read in February, 2013

I absolutely LOVED Flight, the first book in the Crescent Chronicles, so I was desperate to get my hands on a copy of Focus. I just thought the idea of a paranormal and shifter secret society that was not run by your average vampire or werewolf was super interesting. Plus, I am starting to learn that I love New Orleans for a setting. Especially as the setting for a paranormal book.

Focus picks up a little after the end of Flight. Allie is just starting her freshman year at Tulane. I liked that it started with the school year. It seemed like a fresh start for Allie. At least, that's what it seemed like Allie wished it was. She was still hurting with what Levi did at the end of the first book and she was slow to forgive and forget. I actually really like that about Allie. She is not going to just give into Levi because she thinks he is sexy. But at the same time, she isn't unreasonably stubborn. She tries to make things work and she always tries to do the right thing. I think she is a pretty cool chick.

Levi is cocky and all of the things that he was in the first book, but at the same time, no one can deny how strongly he cares about Allie. That is never in question. I thought he really made some progress in Focus and I really liked Levi. There is just something about him. He is intense, but you know he is going to step up and take charge. In a good way. The other characters are really fantastic as well. I loved getting to know Anne and Tiffany. I thought they fit in great with the crazy guys. I loved that we got to know some more about the various parents. Some of them kind of creeped me out.

If you were a fan of Flight, or of Alyssa Rose Ivy, you need to read Focus. You will love it. It is YA paranormal romance goodness. I thought it was a great follow up to Flight and I think it really set the way for a super awesome third book! Plus that bomb that Alyssa Rose Ivy just casually threw at us stunned me! It makes me just as anxious for the next book. I am loving this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Focus.