Gina's Reviews > The Death Dealer

The Death Dealer by Heather Graham

Feb 10, 09

bookshelves: own, action, mystery, mystery-detective, paranormal-supernatural, romantic-suspense, suspense
Read in January, 2009, read count: 1

Rather disappointing…

Genevieve is convinced that the recent death and accident of two members of the New York Poe Society, known as “Ravens”, are connected. Joe doesn’t believe there’s a case. But Genevieve is certain, and as her mother is a Raven, she’ll do anything to protect her.

With the help of friends, Genevieve and Joe investigate and get down to the bottom of what’s going on. Genevieve is having disturbing dreams, Joe is seeing dead people, and while Genevieve accepts that she can see things that most people can’t, Joe is having a harder time accepting it.

And that’s about as far as I’ll go with a description - because even in the book, they weren’t impressive enough to mention. Talk about disappointing!

I was looking forward to reading this one; HG is one of my fave authors. This one missed the mark by a landslide. *eyeroll* There should have been more - more mystery, more intrigue, and Joe and all of his denials of what he’s seeing… *another eyeroll*

These were supposed to be characters from The Dead Room. They were almost unrecognizable! “Damaged goods” indeed. And in the synopsis, ‘Genevieve’s mother is next.’ *snort* it was never assumed, and even being in the killer’s head, he was after Genevieve, not her mother. The way I see it, say what you mean and mean what you say.

Yes, the whole thing went around Edgar Allen Poe, but not enough. The whole thing seemed kind of ’see-through’ to me. I knew who it was, wasn’t surprised in the least by the twist. What I did like was how the ghosts got back at them. Yeah, (big smile), I really liked that a lot. Still, there should have been more mystery, more intrigue, more ‘oomph’!

I was disappointed. I hope I’m not disappointed with the next one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Death Dealer.

01/26/2009 page 144