Mjcm00's Reviews > Her Demonic Angel

Sep 16, 12

Her Demonic Angel
5+ Stars
Absolute recommend

Her Demonic Angel is the fifth book in Felicity Heaton's Her Angel series, a must read series for lovers of paranormal romance books. Past characters of the series are revisited in this installment like Apolloyon from Her Dark Angel, the first in the series. All of the books in this series are designed where you could pick them up and read them in any order and still understand and enjoy each one. However, some things will make more sense if you have read all the books in order, but that is not necessary to thoroughly enjoy each book.
Her Demonic Angel is based on Verion, a fallen angel; and Erin, the sister of Amelia, heroin of Her Guardian Angel; who learns she has some special talents of her own and secrets kept even from herself. (I don't do spoilers so that's all you get on that).
I loved both of these characters.
Vieron is a strong, determined and fierce warrior driven by an unyielding need for revenge on both Heaven and Hell. Erin is from the mortal world ignorant of angels and demons and the eternal game being played between them until she is kidnapped by monsters in the middle of the night and taken to Hell and held as a prisoner and pawn. The character growth throughout the book is strong, and the emotions Heaton writes into these two as they move through the story made me feel as if I was there with them. I wanted to strangle them at times, shout and yell at them and reach out and console them at other times. Heaton's way of drawing the background out with vivid imagery only intensified this. I could see the places they were and feel each battle and wound the characters took.
Vieron rescues Erin from Hell and the Devil and they endure one trial after another until the end. The book is action packed, fast paced, and vivid. The romance that grows between the two is strong and delightful to read, the love scenes hot and steamy. The additional characters woven into the story from previous books are just as vivid and realistic. The twists and turns of the storyline kept me guessing and shocked me at times not expecting what I just read. I found myself with my jawed dropped and thinking 'oh my gosh' on more than one occasion.
I loved this book and can't wait for the next installment in this series! It's an absolutely recommend from me to all lovers of paranormal romance. However, if you are offended by fiction that portrays Heaven in a less than perfect and all loving, all good way, then this is probably a skip for you. If not, and you like stories about angels, demons, hot and steamy romance, lots of action and edge of your seat twists and turns, then by all means check this one out!
I received an ARC of this book from the author, but even if I had not it is absolutely one I would have been glad to pay for.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Demonic Angel.