Samantha's Reviews > The Bridge

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

Sep 12, 12

Read from September 09 to 11, 2012

The Bridge is a book that will have you grabbing for the tissues and falling in love with every single character, all whilst holding your breath.

I hadn't read a Karen Kingsbury book before this one and right now, I wondering why on earth not! It was beautifully written, with a style that captures your attention from the get go and is utterly moving.
For a Bookseller, the fact that it centred around a book shop was an added bonus! I can only wish to make half the impact that Charlie has had on his customers.

Amidst the romance between Molly and Ryan that got put on hold many years ago, there is the love of Charlie and his wife Donna, and also that of Charlie and Donna's love of their book shop, The Bridge. There is mention of suicide, natural disasters and loss of faith (however brief), all of which was written with care and utmost respect. I adored the references to Jane Eyre and the reminders of all the recommendations Charlie had made over the years.

This is a book all about faith, the miracle of prayer, second chances and just what can happen when you BELIEVE.

I am really excited to now get a copy of the novella that reveals The Bridge's history; The Beginning. I need more of this beautiful story!

**I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bridge.

09/11/2012 page 237
79.0% "I am loving this book! The sense of community, the tension between Molly and Ryan. Charlie's predicament. It's all so beautifully written!"