Francesca Tomassi's Reviews > The Twits

The Twits by Roald Dahl

F_50x66
Sep 09, 12

The Twits is about a rather ugly couple who like very few things in life... they dont even like each other! They are constantly playing evil tricks on each other, such as Mrs Twit putting her glass eye in Mr Twits drink, or Mr Twit making Mrs Twit worm spaghetti. They both however enjoy catching birds and making them into pies. They also own some monkeys that are kept in a cage and forced to perform tricks. However the Birds and the Monkeys hatch a plan one afternoon to seek revenge on the Twits in return for their evil ways.

I thought it was fantastic! The Twits truly has to be my favourite Dahl. It showcases Dahl's dark, witty humour perfectly. Allowing your mind to conjure up gruesome yet funny images such as Mr Twit’s food covered beard or Mrs Twits home cooked bird pies with all the bird legs poking out the top.

I feel this book would be most suitable for children aged 7-12 years. It is an ideal book to be read aloud and would allow children to develop their creative writing skills as they can draw on the descriptive language used by Dahl.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twits.