Molly (Conan the Librarian) Crumbley's Reviews > Every Day

Every Day by David Levithan

5919562
Sep 09, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed, ya-all-the-way, ereading, series, supernatural
Read from September 09 to 10, 2012

What would you do if you woke up in someone else’s body every day?

That scenario is A’s reality: every morning A opens his (well, sometimes her) eyes to find themself taking over some other teenager’s life. It’s been this way for as long as A can remember, and always he tries his hardest to conform to his host body and go about business without drawing attention. For sixteen years, this system has worked for A as he flits in and out of other lives without becoming attached. *But that was before A met Rhiannon.

For the first time in his life, A is breaking the rules and using his hosts to find ways to get closer to Rhiannon, whatever the cost. Star-crossed lovers in the extreme, A and Rhiannon keep dancing around each other as A sheds and tries on different identities. Without some constancy to their relationship, though, how can they possibly find a way to be together? And, to complicate things, what will happen to A when one of his previous hosts finds out about his secret?

In Every Day, David Levithan has crafted an amazingly imaginative and heartfelt fantasy that will have mature readers suspending their disbelief and getting wrapped up in the unique relationship developing between A and Rhiannon.

This review originally appeared on A Book and a Hug.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Day.

Quotes Molly (Conan the Librarian) Liked

David Levithan
“There is a part of childhood that is childish, and a part that is sacred. Suddenly we are touching the sacred part -- running to the shoreline, feeling the first cold burst of water on our ankles, reaching into the tide to catch at shells before they ebb away from our fingers. We have returned to a world that is capable of glistening, and we are wading deeper within it.”
David Levithan, Every Day