Camila Aracellis's Reviews > Wake

Wake by Abria Mattina

Sep 09, 12

Read in September, 2012

This review was originally posted on Books Down My Pillow
There are stories that I love as those that are about diseases, of course, I do not enjoy reading about the life of someone who is sick, but how they handle their changes. This is an issue that strikes a chord in me, because I know what it is to have a chronic disease, which causes it ,and how can you get to hate you because of this. Something very similar happens in this story, Jem recently had a battle against cancer and is now in remission mode, his sense of humor was something that I most enjoyed. Know him through his POV's helps a lot to understand how he is handling everything, as with Willa. She was just lovely, she, has lost her sister because cancer ans know how Jem is feeling, her way to be with him I liked very much. Also her POV's grabs you, transporting you to a past intigante that makes you want to know more about her.
Over the six months that features the novel, we see the characters mature in many ways, probably one of the most important and most challenging is to accept themselves.
I really loved the story, it's very realistic, more than a simply story of two teenagers who meet and share a kind of bond, it's one you will remember for a long time. Unforgettable, light and with a halo of humor, Abria Mattina with a awesome writing has created a wonderful story that not only entertains, but also takes you directly to connect with each of the characters, and how to believe in yourself and accept yourself, you can change everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake.