Sherrey's Reviews > The Fourth Fisherman: How Three Mexican Fishermen Who Came Back from the Dead Changed My Life and Saved My Marriage

The Fourth Fisherman by Joe Kissack

Sep 19, 12

Read from September 08 to 11, 2012

Although I enjoyed the book, I cannot say that it's one I'm excited by.

The author's own story is one of extraordinary life problems and an incredibly refreshing look at his conversion. However, the intersection between his story and the story of five Mexican fisherman lost at sea was clouded by indistinct details in that part of the book. Some clarity would have made the last half of the book much more readable and enjoyable.

Kissack's writing is good but at times weak. Repetitions and redundancy work to get a writer's point across, but the ones found here was not well juxtaposed and left the reader, at least this one, jumping back to see if I had just read that same point.

All in all, this is reflection on how we can get caught up in the trappings of life and lose sight of what our lives should be about. Then, God plants His call in our hearts and we struggle to understand our purpose.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fourth Fisherman.