Andrea's Reviews > The Reluctant Bachelorette

The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson

Oct 04, 12

Read in September, 2012

Even though this is the third reality dating show themed book I've read this year (who knew it was such a popular topic?), The Reluctant Bachelorette has a unique spin. A small farming town has been hit hard by the sluggish economy, and many farms are going under. The residents love their town, and in a last ditch effort to save the farms, they create their own online bachelorette show. The online audience pays money to vote on which bachelors stay, and the money goes toward saving the farms.

The bachelorette, Taycee, was roped into the show by her friend, and she's less than thrilled about the idea. Especially when her old crush, Luke, becomes one of the bachelors.

I really enjoyed the characters in this book. I struggled a bit with Taycee's name at first, but quickly got over it. She had a fun personality, and her interactions with Luke were entertaining (especially since she was constantly fighting her feelings for him).

Being able to relate to aspects of a story always make it more enjoyable for me. In this case, crushing on a brother's friend (a definite perk of having an older brother) and living in a small town and loving it helped me understand how Taycee was feeling.

I don't love the part of the bachelor/bachelorette show where things start to get intimate (nothing past kissing in this book), and I appreciated that Taycee didn't like being a player either. She was in a tough position where she felt she had to give the audience what they wanted in order to save her town.

This is a fun, quick read with a clean romance. I'm looking forward to reading other books by Rachael Anderson (who also loves a spoonful of peanut butter dipped in milk chocolate chips-obviously a woman with good taste!).

Visit my blog on October 16, 2012, for a chance to enter the Blog Tour giveaway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Bachelorette.