Melindeeloo's Reviews > A Tale of Two Vampires

A Tale of Two Vampires by Katie MacAlister

Jan 06, 13

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from September 08 to 12, 2012

3.5 stars - Just what were those steps again? Fortunately after ten books and a few shorts, MacAlister doesn't belabor the making of a Beloved, and for the most part I enjoyed A Tale of Two Vampires a bit more than I have the preceding few Dark Ones stories. There is still the zany heroine and dark - but not so angsty this time- leading man and I liked the bit of time travel which tied the whole thing together.

I actually appreciated that with the exception of a bit near the end that brought back the cast from the previous book - complete with Viking ghost sidekicks - book didn't spend it's entire time in absurd craziness territory. It was pretty insane having all of the past kooky characters in one room at one point, but at least the story didn't stay in that mode for long.

So I enjoyed MacAlister's light sexy and humorous offering and the only real nit I did have is that a loose end from the previous book, gets resolved in this story as sort of a throw off - I thought the fate of Dafyd had short story potential.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Vampires.