Lisa's Reviews > In Rides Trouble

In Rides Trouble by Julie Ann Walker

Sep 10, 12

Read from September 08 to 09, 2012

In Rides Trouble is book 2 in Julie Ann Walker’s Black Nights, Inc. series and DAMN Ms. Walker is stepping up her game! I loved this book!

description

This book picks up where Walker leaves things between Frank and Becky in book 1. Becky is away on vacation while Frank is stewing in his own miserable sorrow back in Chicago. Trouble soon finds Becky and her best friend Eve as they are kidnapped by pirates. No problem, Becky has faith in her “boys” from Black Nights, Inc. She knows they will come for her – especially her brother (Bill) and Frank. Sure enough, Becky and Eve are rescued and things begin to heat up between our lady mechanic and boss man.

I love Becky! She is simply bad-ass – the perfect mix of tomboy and girlie girl. She has been admiring Frank from afar since his first appearance at her shop over 3 years ago. Frank is our yummy alpha boss man who has also been hiding his secret desire for the cutie grease monkey. He knows that Becky wants him but he keeps refusing to act on his desires because of the thirteen year age difference and because he has hang ups from his past and refuses to act like his father.

I love the way Becky and Frank interact with each other. They both know how to goad each other and get under the other's skin. They are definitely like oil and vinegar – they don’t necessarily go well together but when you combine the two, you get something delicious! I loved their interactions and when they finally act on their desire – HOLY CRAPOLA, IT’S HAWT!

In Rides Trouble was a great book. I laughed, cried and was on the edge of my seat for those intense parts. Loved it! I can’t wait for the third book to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Rides Trouble.

09/08/2012
60.0% "Damn, this is good!"

Lisa Baba wrote: "Great review, Lisa!"

Thanks Baba!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Lisa! I'm glad it worked for you :)

Lisa Lazy Jeff wrote: "Great review, Lisa! I'm glad it worked for you :)"

Thanks. I really did end up enjoying this one. :)