Cafebiblioart's Reviews > Desert Rice

Desert Rice by Angela  Scott

Jul 18, 14

Read in September, 2012

I must admit it took me about a week to get past the first few pages…I tend to imagine everything I read and this time I found it too much…The scenes were well written, but the images were horrifying. After that I started to really enjoy the book. I have to say that it is a must read!!! I know I said this multiple times in the last few weeks about a great number of books, but you must believe me:) You won’t regret reading the book:)

I loved the plot. It is quite original and extremely complex. It’s refreshing to see that an author is still able to create an original story. I mean, in this case, the author hasn’t borrowed any ideas from another author, at least I do not think so.

One other thing I really enjoyed about the book is that it talks about things that do happen somewhere on Earth, things we would rather ignore. We must acknowledge that out there there are people who go though something similar.

In my opinion, both main characters are strong, smart and capable of doing whatever it takes to survive. They been though a lot, but they still manage to stick together and survive.

I honestly hate the cover. It’s quite unattractive. The format and the writing is okay. The format of the book is unusual for my country, here most books are a smaller size. This is not a negative thing, I just wanted to mention this fact. I do not know in other countries what kind of books people usually buy. It’s not a rule…(maybe is something psychological, but I doubt it)

One other thing I like is the fact that the author managed to include a few funny scenes(maybe cute fits better) in the middle of so many sad scenes.

From me it receives: 4.2/5

Angela Scott is a really talented author. I can’t wait to read her other books.

The sequel of this book will appear sometime next year, if I am not mistaken.

ooo and as the description above states the book is not suitable for those under the age of 16.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desert Rice.