Ingrid Jonach's Reviews > The Holders

The Holders by Julianna Scott

5207234
Oct 04, 12

Read in October, 2012

You know that feeling you get when you are reading a really good book? It is kind of like having a chocolate cake in the fridge. You go about your daily chores, knowing that as soon as you are finished you can have a reward. That was what it was like reading The Holders. I looked forward to reading it like I would look forward to eating a triple chocolate mud cake with raspberry coulis. It was DELICIOUS!

This novel was reminiscent of some of my favourite young adult series - Evernight, Harry Potter and Twilight – and yet it stands alone in its thoroughly unique concept and storyline. I am SERIOUSLY excited to see the reception to this book when it is released. Julianna has created a beautiful relationship between the two main characters that I think readers are going to LOVE.

A word of warning: DO NOT read Chapter 27 in public. I read it while eating lunch in the food court, and ended up crying into my burger and fries.

I should also add my standard disclaimer that the reason I got my hands on this novel so early is because we share the same publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Holders.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura Lam I'm about 1/3 through it and really enjoying it so far!

Ingrid Jonach It is consistently brilliant, so you will love the next two-thirds; guaranteed!