Sandy Williams's Reviews > Ghost Planet

Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher

Sep 08, 2012

bookshelves: to-read
Read in November, 2012

My author idol, Linnea Sinclair, blurbed this book, so of course I had to give it a try, especially after I read the excerpt posted on Sharon's website. It completely hooked me in, so I started reading this last Tuesday, the same day my book hit the shelves.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ghost Planet! (Sidenote: I keep wanting to call it "Ghost Protocol." I think that would have been a better title, but maybe that's too sciency a title for a book that has a lot of romance?) I thought it was an awesome premise, and Elizabeth, the main character who learns that she's died and been reincarnated as an alien/ghost, is a great heroine. She's a psychologist and she thinks everything through. I would have been flipping out if I was in her shoes, but I loved the way she reasoned through everything, and how she was able to see both sides of the issues at hand - that's a quality I hugely admire in people.

I liked Murphy a lot, too. And I have to mention that the "betrayal" that ocurred at the 50% mark of the book made my jaw drop open. Then, I promptly closed it and all but screamed gleefully, "best betrayal ever!"

I won't say more than that.

I'd say this book breaks down to about 60% romance and 40% scientific intrigue plot. Paranormal fiction fans should give it a try. Just think of the science as magic. :-)

I'll definitely give Sharon's next book a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Planet.

message 1: by Sharon Lynn (new)

Sharon Lynn Fisher Thanks so much, Sandy, wow! I LOVE this: :)
__And I have to mention that the "betrayal" that ocurred at the 50% mark of the book made my jaw drop open. Then, I promptly closed it and all but screamed gleefully, "best betrayal ever!"__

Sandy Williams Heh. I think I might have even fist pumped. Really enjoyed your book! Can't wait to read your next one.