Jennifer's Reviews > 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

Sep 08, 2012

did not like it
Read on September 08, 2012

Uh...I just didn't believe it.

Respectfully, I'm sure this was the author's experience and perhaps my dislike of the book is because I'm not a Christian--in fact, I'm sure it is.

I don't want to get into a whole "thing" here, but I found myself scientifically questioning the premise of the book. I Googled it last weekend hoping to read a medical person's perspective but couldn't find one.

Nevertheless, I have a tough time believing that the ONLY way you'll get to heaven is by accepting Jesus as your Savior. Be that as it may, the description of Heaven (as he saw it) was not one I'd care to be met with. I watched a brief clip of a 20/20 episode not long ago that discussed the feasibility of going to heaven and coming back and scientists basically believe we all have a vision of what heaven will look like and therefore that's what people see when they die and come back.

I won't pretend to know if there is heaven (I believe there is), how you get there (I believe by being a good person) or who is there when you get there. There is a whole lot about this Universe we don't know.

That said, I did have a friend who died for 6 minutes and related her experience to me. Much more believable (no gold streets and whatnot) but again, she is a Christian so I guess I need to hear from a non-believer before I buy this hook, line and sinker.

I mean no disrepect to anyone but this just wasn't my cup of tea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 90 Minutes in Heaven.