Yodamom's Reviews > Biting Cold

Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

Sep 11, 12

bookshelves: mystery, romance, urban-fantasy, vampires, yummy-men
Read from September 08 to 11, 2012

Merit, why do you keep putting up with his staling ? I think this is abusive to you, please don't take it anymore.
Frustrating, that is the theme of this book. Merit finally has her Ethan back, kicking biting and grumpy-ness all intact. So why aren't they bumping the headboard ? Because Ethan has issues again...zzz.......repeat, repeat, repeat. So, she picks up her sword and goes to battle risking her life to save him, and their relationship, if it is one?!?!?
The evil this time is a woozy, big winged and bad, bad, bad. He was released into the world thanks to our precious little power hungry Mallory. Best friend and distorter deluxe, what a winner she is. Well, the gang gets together and risks it all to try to save her, really why not ?!?!?! Everyone deserves a chance at redemption. Yeah sure.
Meanwhile the house is under the evil eye of the 'something council of vampire house' sorry I don't remember their name. They are old school, full or arcane rules and threats. 'you must be who we want or you are kicked out of our special club" is who they are bullies. Just what they vampy gang needs while trying to save humanity from the big bad evil flying around town.
Phew then finally some frustrations are relieved ! FINALLY ! The end of the books was nice with a light cliffhanger. It could have easily been the last book in the series. The next book will start a whole new 'life' for our characters.
Overall I enjoyed this edition to the series. I felt it was stretching out the old plot a bit too much, and did not like the whole relationship staling agin thing. I hope their future is adventurous.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Biting Cold.

Quotes Yodamom Liked

Chloe Neill
“Let’s get on with this. I am seriously in need of a beer and a Lifetime movie.”
Chloe Neill, Biting Cold

09/10/2012 page 259
73.0% "Ethan, will you just do it ! I can't take it anymore Holy Exits , he has more reasons for avoiding than I've ever heard."

message 1: by Talin (new) - added it

Talin I think I will wait for the next book to decide if I want to continue with the series.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ i hated that too but i LOVE Ethan soooo ill keep reading.

message 3: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom I would have, but I thought for some reason this was the last book. : ( Talin wrote: "I think I will wait for the next book to decide if I want to continue with the series."

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Maybe CN is killing Ethan softly with her words. (I'm biased in my love for Jonah.) Poor book is gathering dust on the TBR pile. People are not very happy with the direction of this series. Maybe CN's mojo is out-of-whack because Ethan was brought back sooner than she wanted IF she had a specific storyline in her head. : /

message 5: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom Jonah is a doll in this book, in his small little bit he is given. I was voting for him with Merit but so far no. : ( Ethan was not a shiny knight in this book, IMHO

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) TEAM JONAH!!! What if CN were to pull a Pet Cemetery and make Ethan evilllle? muah hahaha haaaa

message 7: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom Snicker*** I think he already is Mr. Mc Indecisive-Snappish.