Naomi's Reviews > The Secret Keeper

The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

Oct 16, 12

Read from October 14 to 15, 2012

Read my full review @ http://bit.ly/R3eHi4

My opinion: I love me some Kate Morton and have read each and every one of her books. Hands down, I consider her to be one of the most original authors I have read. She has continued this tradition of high quality writing in The Secret Keeper. Morton has a history of incredibly strong yet approachable character development. Yet, she has the capabilities to write with engrossing storylines full of twists that leave the readers with a "WTH just happened?" moments.

I was sucked into this book immediately and ended up reading a 450+ page book in several hours. I absolutely couldn't put it down and consider this to be Morton's best book to date.

On a side note, I received this book from Atria Books as an ebook for review. In the future, I will wait for Morton's books to come out in print as I consider them to be special treats. I didn't like the formatting of the ebook and feel that it did distract somewhat from the story. So, make the investment and grab the book in print. It is well worth the extra couple of bucks!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Keeper.

Lauren so jealous can't wait to read this one! Let me know how it is.

Heaether CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on it!

Naomi OMG...it was SO good. I have decided I won't do Kate Morton's books by ebook anymore though.

Naomi I just posted my full review. I think it is her best so far. OMG Heaether...the twists were UNBELIEVABLE!!

Diane S. Just started this one but I am liking it so far.

Christine Nolfi Naomi, you got me with, "I love me some Kate Morton." I ordered THE SECRET KEEPER on Amazon yesterday.

Naomi Have you ever read her books, Christine? If not, check them out...simply brilliant!

Diane S. See what you mean about the electronic form. Have switched t the hardback. Much better and easier too.

Naomi Yeah, drove me nuts!

Christine Nolfi Naomi wrote: "Have you ever read her books, Christine? If not, check them out...simply brilliant!"

No, I've never read Kate Morton. I should have the book this afternoon and will begin it asap...after I finish The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. I can't put it down.

Christine Nolfi Diane wrote: "See what you mean about the electronic form. Have switched t the hardback. Much better and easier too."

Diane, I still split reading between my iPad and old fashioned paperback or hardback. Not sure why, but I can't make a full switch to electronic reading.

Naomi Christine wrote: "Diane wrote: "See what you mean about the electronic form. Have switched t the hardback. Much better and easier too."

Neither can I..in fact, I have been veering back into print.

message 14: by Jodi (new) - added it

Jodi I agree with you both Christine and Naomi. I prefer to read by print as well. Call me old fashioned but I like to hold a book in my hand. Having said that, my iPad is great for catching a few chapters while I'm out and about.

Naomi Jodi wrote: "I agree with you both Christine and Naomi. I prefer to read by print as well. Call me old fashioned but I like to hold a book in my hand. Having said that, my iPad is great for catching a few chapt..."

When I am traveling, I prefer my nook or kindle. Other than that, I really do prefer print. Sometimes, if the book isn't in print or an author sends me a ebook for review I have to use the ebook, but if a print is available, I always ask for the print.

Christine Nolfi Naomi wrote: "Christine wrote: "Diane wrote: "See what you mean about the electronic form. Have switched t the hardback. Much better and easier too."

Diane, I still split reading between my iPad and old fashion..."

Naomi, you know I'm all for electronic reading (indie authors live and die by eBook sales) but have you ever heard of the book Zapped by Ann Louise Gittleman? The book details the health risks of electronic pollution in our everyday lives. One in five women in the U.S. now have thyroid disease (though most suffer for years before receiving a diagnosis) and Gittleman provides a frightening argument for why we should limit electronic exposure. Of course I'm sending out this warning as I sit before my monster Mac ... but I do create 50% of each book the old fashioned way, with paper and pen.

Naomi Oh, wow...no, I have never heard of the book. It doesn't surprise me though. Look at the information with cellphones.

Christine Nolfi Naomi wrote: "Oh, wow...no, I have never heard of the book. It doesn't surprise me though. Look at the information with cellphones."

I beg my adult children not to sleep with their cellphones sitting on the pillow. No doubt computer exposure is worse.

MARILYN Naomi, I just finished this one and will be ordering a print copy. I loved this book and I also think it's her best book.

Naomi MARILYN wrote: "Naomi, I just finished this one and will be ordering a print copy. I loved this book and I also think it's her best book."

Marilyn, did you read for netgalley? Was there something goofy with your ebook version? I hated it. I think I might read the print version to see if I missed anything.

MARILYN No just the regular ebook which I bought. I have several friends who would love the book but have very limited finances and have depended on me to keep them in books. I'll buy the hard copy and pass it around and then have it for me. The Kindle edition was just fine but I have some netgalley books that are really hard to read.

Christine Nolfi MARILYN wrote: "No just the regular ebook which I bought. I have several friends who would love the book but have very limited finances and have depended on me to keep them in books. I'll buy the hard copy and p..."

Marilyn, I just bought the hard copy. Do you want me to mail it to you after the read? To give to your friends? And hello from South Carolina!

MARILYN Christine, that would be lovely of you. I try to keep my friends in books as much as I can.

Naomi Wow...Christine..that is rockin' of you!

Cindy I didn't know she had a new book out! Where have I been??? I also really enjoy Kate Morton's books and after reading your review and comments, I can't wait to get my hands on this one!!

Naomi Cindy wrote: "I didn't know she had a new book out! Where have I been??? I also really enjoy Kate Morton's books and after reading your review and comments, I can't wait to get my hands on this one!!"

I only found out through Netgalley. I hate it when that happens. It was SO good, Cindy!

Christine Nolfi MARILYN wrote: "Christine, that would be lovely of you. I try to keep my friends in books as much as I can."

Marilyn, please DM your address here on GR and I'll mail Morton's book as soon as I'm finished. I can't possibly keep every book I buy. Prior to my move last year from Ohio to South Carolina I gave a library's worth of books to a rehab house connected to The Salvation Army in Cleveland.

Christine Nolfi Naomi wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I didn't know she had a new book out! Where have I been??? I also really enjoy Kate Morton's books and after reading your review and comments, I can't wait to get my hands on this ..."

It IS so good. Now I'm reading THE SECRET KEEPER in tandem with OSCAR WAO, which I'd started earlier along with a few other books. But I should read less and finish promised posts for blogs....