Kellee's Reviews > Loving Lily Lavender

Loving Lily Lavender by DeAnna Kinney

Oct 05, 12

bookshelves: review, favorites

First I want to say, thank you DeAnna, for thinking of me and sending me Loving Lily Lavender before its release. As always, I can't thank you enough. I'm glad to be included in the special group of people to read your novels first and I cherish the friendship that has come from it. Now I'd like to say, I can't believe you've done it again! You have managed to turn me into a zombie as I have done absolutely nothing but read this book. I'm starting to think you secretly encode messages between the pages to make sure I don't do anything until I finish the book. I'm kidding, of course, but I honestly couldn't do anything all day but read this incredible story. And incredible it was! Loving Lily Lavender is one of the most romantic and adorable stories of complete and utter true love.

Oh my God! - Wait, don't pinch me ;) This story was so unbelievably amazing that I'm giddy just writing this review. I can't write a lot about it because I don't want to give anything at all away and half of the fun of this book is watching the story unfold. But I'll tell as much of the things that I loved as I can without spoiling anything. The first page had me hooked. It was written so beautifully that I was instantly enthralled, and it left me with this nagging question all throughout the novel until its finally answered near the end and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. And then there's Lucas. Amazingly handsome, famous, smart, funny, protective, slightly insecure, adorably British Lucas. He has to be my favorite hero in all of DeAnna's novels, and if you've read my reviews of her other novels and how I felt about their hero, then you know this is saying a lot. I loved him. I loved who he was as a person and how he grew throughout the novel. He was real and sweet and the way he loved Lily could set your heart on fire. Okay, I'll stop before I go on about him for days, and I'll talk about Lily. I loved Lily because I related with her in so many ways. She was smart and knew what she wanted and didn't let anyone disrespect her or her beliefs. I loved Lily as a person and everything she stood for and I loved how she loved Lucas. Their love was so real and so all-consuming that it swept me away. They had a lot of hard times and crazy things that happened to them, but with each other and their friends and their faith they made it through, and the story really strives to show that God always has a plan. I won't say what it was as to not ruin anything, but what Lily and Lucas did in the hospital after her injury was absolutely adorable and I couldn't stop smiling. I love that in the end everything worked out beautifully and even Meagan found what she was looking for. I also really liked that Lily wrote every detail of their love story so that she would never forget like her mother and so that the world would always know.

Wow, I've just realized how much I've written! I guess it goes to show I had strong feelings about this book. Let me just say that I loved Loving Lily Lavender, and its definitely a book that I'll cherish forever. Thank you, DeAnna.

And so I leave you with my favorite quote:
"I am utterly and irrationally, in the craziest kind of way, in love with you." -Lucas
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving Lily Lavender.