Kellee's Reviews > Loving Lily Lavender

Loving Lily Lavender by DeAnna Kinney

Sep 18, 14

bookshelves: review, favorites

First I want to say, thank you DeAnna, for thinking of me and sending me Loving Lily Lavender before its release. As always, I can't thank you enough. I'm glad to be included in the special group of people to read your novels first and I cherish the friendship that has come from it. Now I'd like to say, I can't believe you've done it again! You have managed to turn me into a zombie as I have done absolutely nothing but read this book. I'm starting to think you secretly encode messages between the pages to make sure I don't do anything until I finish the book. I'm kidding, of course, but I honestly couldn't do anything all day but read this incredible story. And incredible it was! Loving Lily Lavender is one of the most adorable stories of complete and utter true love.

I can't write a lot about this story because I don't want to give anything at all away and half of the fun of this book is watching the story unfold. But I'll tell as much of the things that I loved as I can without spoiling anything. The first page had me hooked. It was written so beautifully that I was instantly enthralled, and it left me with this nagging question all throughout the novel until its finally answered near the end and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. I loved Lucas. I loved who he was as a person and how he grew throughout the novel. He was real and sweet and he loved lily with all that he was. I loved Lily because she was smart and knew what she wanted and didn't let anyone disrespect her or her beliefs. I loved Lily as a person and everything she stood for and I loved how she loved Lucas. They had a lot of hard times and crazy things that happened to them, but with each other and their friends and their faith they made it through, and the story really strives to show that God always has a plan. I won't say what it was as to not ruin anything, but what Lily and Lucas did in the hospital after her injury was absolutely adorable and I couldn't stop smiling. I love that in the end everything worked out beautifully and even Meagan found what she was looking for.

Wow, I've just realized how much I've written! I guess it goes to show I had strong feelings about this book. Let me just say that I loved Loving Lily Lavender, and its definitely a book that I'll cherish forever. Thank you, DeAnna.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving Lily Lavender.