Karen's Reviews > The Magical Christmas Cat

The Magical Christmas Cat by Lora Leigh

Jan 16, 09

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, fiction
Read in January, 2009

Given how much I've enjoyed most of the Psy-Changeling series, I'm not surprised that Nalini Singh's story was my favorite of this collection. Even though it was short it didn't feel incomplete, and it best captured the warm Christmas spirit I was hoping for in a holiday anthology. Erin McCarthy's tale about the witches seemed a bit too compressed; I never got a feel for the characters, even though I'd been introduced to them in last year's An Enchanted Season, and one big "why" was left unexplained. The story from Linda Winstead Jones was more horror than romance; I did not care for it, though the addition of more heat might have won me over. The last tale in the book from Lora Leigh was educational in that I now have two new items for my list of turn-offs (barbed penises and men whose chest hair feels like textured velvet). I also found the use of "breed" as a singular noun awkward; maybe if I'd already read some of the series I wouldn't have, but I don't see that happening now.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magical Christmas Cat.