Kristy's Reviews > Catching Caroline

Catching Caroline by Sylvia Day

2079018
Sep 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, app-kindle, ebook, giveaways, historical-love, hott-spots, loved-it, vampires-werewolves-and-magic-oh-my
Read on September 08, 2012 — I own a copy

Sylvia Day wrote this story before selling her first book and there is a note in the beginning explaining that it is not up to standards to what she writes today. She also says she has thought about tweaking it but to do that would change the characters and subsequently change the whole story line.

But I have to say, I loved it. It was extremely short, but I was immediately drawn in to the story. I wanted so badly for there to be more.

It was about Caroline, a vampire in the 1800's. She is inexplicably drawn to Jack Shaw, she craves him and wants to consume him. That scares her and she runs. She runs because she doesn't want to hurt him and she knows that if given the chance, her instincts would take over and she wouldn't be able to control herself. But Jack also wants Caroline, so he follows. He seeks her out every time she runs.

Like I said, I really enjoyed this story. I really wished it was a little more drawn out a little longer so I could savor it more. This was a free novella and this story is only 50% of the content. The rest of it is previews to other books. Which I now want to buy.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Caroline.