Patty's Reviews > UnWholly

UnWholly by Neal Shusterman

F_50x66
Sep 08, 12

Read in September, 2012

This book is not quite as good as the first, but almost. If I could, I would rate it a 4.5. The sequel continues the story of Connor, Risa, and Lev, and their quest to rescue as many 'unwinds' as possible. We learn much more about Lev, elevating him to a more complex and believable main character status. New villains are introduced, and Shusterman's skillful character development makes them so believable that the reader can't help but feel anger and disgust as they pursue their goals. As in the first book, the plot proceeds quickly, told from the perspective of a variety of characters. There is no shortage of excitement as each character confronts challenges that are simultaneously unique and shared.

The book is lightly peppered with 'ads' and 'articles' that lead to understanding that the notion of a future society where teenagers are 'unwound' for their parts is not so far-fetched. It is precisely that understanding that makes these books disturbing, thought-provoking, and unforgettable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read UnWholly.