Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*'s Reviews > Flight

Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Sep 10, 12

Read from September 08 to 09, 2012

Reviewed by Nina

The book is part of a tour too. It sounded interesting and the cover is so sexy, that I knew from the start that I had to read it. And, boy, how much I enjoyed it!!

The whole story takes place in New Orleans. I searched the city online, since I was going to spend the entire book in it, and Oh My God!! The city looks amazing, so beautiful and different. I mean French-Creole architecture and birthplace of jazz, there is nothing else I need. Luckily, the author transfers you in it. There are not many descriptions, because we are more focused on the characters, but there are vivid and smart dialogues that move very fast and they give you a sense of reality while reading.

The characters are very nice. Despite following Allie's point of view, she manages to give us a complete image of all the rest.

Allie is not a bad person herself. Thankfully, she's not idiot or nerve breaking.

Her best friend, Jess, on the other hand is a little too happy and easy going. I didn't like her that much, but something happens in the book and we don't see her much after a point.

Then there is Levi, the guy on the cover. I don't think there would be a girl who hates him. He's the best guy you can find. Caring with a hint of a bad-boy attitude. And super hot, according to Allie.

Minor characters include Levi's friends, Owen and Jared, completely different from each other, it's too bad we don't see them much or learn more about them.

And Hailey, Owen's sister. I really liked her, because she's not very down-to-earth and she always seem to light the mood when she's around, but she can be serious whenever it's required.

During the end something happens, that determines your opinion about everyone. I'm sorry, I can't say more, because I'll spoil the whole story, but some events might lead you to change your opinion about both main characters, Allie and Levi.

Bottom line, I loved it. I loved how fast it was. It's too bad we don't see much action, though. And the length of it was small too, 255 in e-book pages. I really hope to learn more about the characters and the supernatural society in the next one. I can't wait.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flight.