Katy's Reviews > Avoiding Responsibility

Avoiding Responsibility by K.A. Linde

Sep 16, 2012

it was ok
Read from September 08 to 16, 2012

First, a letter to the person who made me read this book (view spoiler)

I really should not have read this book. The first one really infuriated me (and you can check with my status updates), and this one was no different.

I absolutely adore Ramsey, and I know he had a past, but really, ignorance is bliss. I hated that this book attempted to make him look bad. Who cares? He was a bad boy who changed for the girl he loved. Totally swoon-worthy. Now stop tempering with my thoughts.

And Lexi - what do I say about her other than, "How stupid can she be?!?" I don't think you ever totally get over your first love, and Jack will always be out of reach for her. And she KNEW that, but she just couldn't help herself, and she ALWAYS managed to get herself in situations where she ended up alone with him. Yes, some of it, like Ramsey begging her to go to the wedding, was not her fault, but others, like when they were trying to escape Mr. Bridges, was just pure stupidity on her part.

With Ramsey? I understand that Lexi has been hurt by Jack in the past, and I'm surprised she's willing to jump into a relationship so fast. True, it was Ramsey who said he couldn't do the casual thing anymore, but still, Lexi was not totally blind that Ramsey had a past. But I was so tired of her whiny "he's a player" thoughts and her quickness to jump down his throat at every single thing that comes up - especially considering the sources these stories are coming from.

So to Lexi: Shut the hell up. And quit digging. You KNOW the guy has a past, and nothing good will EVER come out of it. Ramsey knew you had a past with Jack, and he forgave you for everything. Why can't you do the same for him? And cut the crap with the whole "because he lied to me" excuse. What exactly did you expect? If you can't see how much he has changed for you and how much he is doing for you, then you don't deserve him anyway.

I don't want to rant anymore. My head hurts from all the drama in this book. I can't take any more.
49 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avoiding Responsibility.

09/09/2012
5.0% "Who the hell is Parker? I did a search in book 1 and came up with nothing." 10 comments
09/09/2012
23.0% "Chapter 6 - It's okay Ramsey, I'll make you feel better." 5 comments
09/15/2012
47.0% "Chapter 12 - I have decided I can only take Lexi's stupidity in limited quantities at a time."

Melissa Hehe just remember why you do this ;)

Katy And why is that?

message 3: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex Wow, Katy. I thought you'll start reading it like next year or something. :P

Katy No, I wasn't planning to read it AT ALL.

message 5: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex But here you are, currently reading it. :P

Melissa Katy wrote: "And why is that?"

Because you love me!! DUH!

message 7: by Deniz (new)

Deniz so lis are you gonna read it aswell?

message 8: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex She's already reading it. :P I think. And Dan, as well.

Melissa Deniz wrote: "so lis are you gonna read it aswell?"

I'm the one who asked K to join me and I'm sure she learnt from her previous mistakes and she won't stated it before she's absolutely sure I'm starting it as well :p

message 10: by Deniz (new)

Deniz Melissa wrote: "Deniz wrote: "so lis are you gonna read it aswell?"

lol i sure hope so. Well enjoy it guys!!

message 11: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex Deniz wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Deniz wrote: "so lis are you gonna read it aswell?"

Don't you want to try it? :P

message 12: by Deniz (new)

Deniz Lexie wrote: "Deniz wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Deniz wrote: "so lis are you gonna read it aswell?"

lmao!!! you talking to me?

message 13: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex Deniz wrote: "lmao!!! you talking to me? "

Um, as a matter of fact, yes I am. :P

message 14: by Deniz (new)

Deniz Lexie wrote: "Deniz wrote: "lmao!!! you talking to me? "

Um, as a matter of fact, yes I am. :P"

hahahahaha *wipes tears away*
yeah i am so gonna read it! *snorts*
totally gonna read it *shakes head*
you should know better, you my FLS!

message 15: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex I know. Hahaha. I'm just trying you. Might had a miracle and you'll say yes. :P

message 16: by Deniz (new)

Deniz Lexie wrote: "I know. Hahaha. I'm just trying you. Might had a miracle and you'll say yes. :P"

pfff i dont DO miracles. go try your luck with one of the guys, they more inclined to cave in, LOL!!!

message 17: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex LOL! I don't want to. Well, I might get Mitch or Katy to read some other book. But I'm not pushing my luck anymore for this week or next week. :P

message 18: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy LOL! Lex, you're reading it too? Then you don't mind if I scream at you for the character's stupidness?

message 19: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex Um, yes. I mean, I'm reading it too. And slooooooowwww reading it. I'm still stuck in the first page of Chapter 2. :D And, why do you want to scream AT ME? :O

Melissa Lexie wrote: "Um, yes. I mean, I'm reading it too. And slooooooowwww reading it. I'm still stuck in the first page of Chapter 2. :D And, why do you want to scream AT ME? :O"

If she screams at me, I ignore her :p

message 21: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy @ Lex - Because you're Lexi!!!

Melissa Katy wrote: "@ Lex - Because you're Lexi!!!
@ Lis - Do I need to remind you that I'm reading this book FOR YOU. And I have proof you are horrible at ignoring me. ;)"

Doesn't mean you need to yell at me!
Well it's kinda difficult to ignore you if my phone beeps every 5 secs :p

message 23: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Melissa wrote: "Well it's kinda difficult to ignore you if my phone beeps every 5 secs :p"

Because I'm responding to you! Okay, gonna ignore you and start this book now.

message 24: by Dani (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dani what I still don't understand is why Mel is making you read this when she didn't even like the first book? is she trying to torture you for some reason? I think she likes that :P

message 25: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Dan wrote: "what I still don't understand is why Mel is making you read this when she didn't even like the first book? is she trying to torture you for some reason? I think she likes that :P"

She wants to know "what happens next." I have no interest in what happens next, but she wouldn't let me say no.

message 26: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex Well... I'll probably scream at her too. I mean Lexi. :P WE could all do it together. And I'll feel like we're screaming at myself. LOL. :D

message 27: by Dani (last edited Sep 09, 2012 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dani Katy wrote: "Dan wrote: "what I still don't understand is why Mel is making you read this when she didn't even like the first book? is she trying to torture you for some reason? I think she likes that :P"

She ..."

pff she already knows what happens next. when has she not know how a book ends? :P

Melissa Katy wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Well it's kinda difficult to ignore you if my phone beeps every 5 secs :p"

Because I'm responding to you! Okay, gonna ignore you and start this book now."

A hahahaha I'm cracking up here! I just read your post but a minute ago I got a mail from you that *I* need to stop ignoring YOU! LMAO!

message 29: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Yeah... :(
I had an important issue. :(

message 30: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex I'm definitely behind with this one. Even Melissa was at 22%. :o

message 31: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Lis and I stopped after Chapter 5. I think Dan stopped after Chapter 6.

Melissa Lexie wrote: "I'm definitely behind with this one. Even Melissa was at 22%. :o"

EVEN Melissa?? >:(
I am not THAT slow! ask K! :p (and you better agree with me woman!)

message 33: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex cause you started it like two days ago? lol. i know you could be really fast if you wanted to. :p

Melissa no no
well, technically yes
but we didn't started started it ... we read thorns first! So we just started it yesterday :)

message 35: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex I wish Ramsey man up a bit and just stop Lexi from being swoon by Jack when they met again. :( Like, when Jack hugged her, Ramsey should've snatched Lexi away. Sigh. And damn this girl. Totally smitten again. :(

Melissa Lexie wrote: "I wish Ramsey man up a bit and just stop Lexi from being swoon by Jack when they met again. :( Like, when Jack hugged her, Ramsey should've snatched Lexi away. Sigh. And damn this girl. Totally smi..."

I also told K, I totally imagine Ramsey as Jensen :))) hehe

Ellie I was so frustrated with the first book that I almost gave it up. Now I am waiting for this one and hope that things will finally get better both for Lexi and for me ;)

message 38: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex Hi Elena, well, good luck with that. LOL. I like the second book better than the first. Except whenever Jack is around Lexi. I skipped the definitions of Jack's body and reactions to Lexi. Cause it just made me frustrated as hell and cuss a lot.

message 39: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy @Elena - Yes, that first book INFURIATED me. I didn't even want to touch this one, and the ONLY reason I'm reading this one is because someone guilted me in supporting her through her suffering because she just HAS to know what happens next.

message 40: by Lex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lex It gets better. :P

Melissa Katy wrote: "@Elena - Yes, that first book INFURIATED me. I didn't even want to touch this one, and the ONLY reason I'm reading this one is because someone guilted me in supporting her through her suffering bec..."

guilted...
tsssk

message 42: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Melissa wrote: "guilted... tsssk "

Ya know... I don't mind stopping where I'm at... I don't HAVE to continue.

Melissa Katy wrote: "Melissa wrote: "guilted... tsssk "

Ya know... I don't mind stopping where I'm at... I don't HAVE to continue."

you still want songs and records, right? ;)

message 44: by Katy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Melissa wrote: "you still want songs and records, right? ;)"

Haha, are you going to sing "Whistle" to my dirty phone?

Melissa Katy wrote: "Melissa wrote: "you still want songs and records, right? ;)"

Haha, are you going to sing "Whistle" to my dirty phone?"

What? You didn't get that earlier? I already did that!!

message 46: by Katy (last edited Sep 12, 2012 09:42AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katy Melissa wrote: "What? You didn't get that earlier? I already did that!!"

You sang?!?
EDIT - OMG!!! YOU DID!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! <3

message 47: by Dani (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dani why don't I get to hear you sing? grrr

Melissa Dan wrote: "why don't I get to hear you sing? grrr"

i'm a dying animal... K is the only person in the world who can actually make me sing

message 49: by Dani (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dani you're gonna want something from me sometime

Ellie Thanks for the support, girls ;)Somehow lately I keep stumbling upon books that just drive me crazy... Case in point, Sheet music, hmmm

« previous 1