Lauren's Reviews > How to Lead a Life of Crime

How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller

802066
Jun 14, 13

Read from September 07 to 08, 2012

I LOVED THIS BOOK - I can't praise it enough! Kirsten Miller's latest is dark, gritty, and violent, the sort of book even adults who don't read YA will love. I want more!

Official review:
Flick has been living on the streets for awhile, on the run from his abusive father and picking pockets to survive. Haunted by the ghost of his brother, Flick is just trying to forget the things he's seen. Until he's approached by a man who offers him a strange deal: a scholarship to the Mandel Academy, the world's most elite private school, and the proof he needs to land his powerful father in jail. The catch? The Mandel Academy has been training kids to be criminals for over 100 years. Any kind of crime you can imagine: Ponzi schemes, drug manufacturing, taking advantage of war-torn societies, and of course, murder of all kinds. Flick is conflicted, but can't pass up the opportunity to hone his craft and get back at his dad. What follows is a dark, violent, gritty thriller that even adults who don't read YA will love! I can't wait for more from this talented author!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Lead a Life of Crime.