Angie's Reviews > Black Dawn

Black Dawn by Rachel Caine

Sep 08, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, vampires, teen, website
Read on September 07, 2012

Black Dawn picks up right where Last Breath ended. Morganville is overrun by the draug (think water vampires) and our gang is hiding out in city hall with the vampires. Amelia has been bitten by the draug and is slowly changing into one. The town is in chaos and the gang has to figure out how to kill the draug once and for all.

I know there are more books coming in this series but this would have been a great place to end things. I am not sure what else this series can come up with. We have had bad humans, bad vampires and now the draug. But with three more books to go something else wicked this way comes I guess.

I am actually glad to have the draug storyline end since it wasn't one of my favorites. And really this book was kind of a downer. It was just as action packed as others in the series but our characters didn't seem quite as plucky. And I am not really sure how I feel about the changing POVs. I don't mind one, two or even three characters narrating a book, but pretty much everyone except Amelia got a chapter here. I am not sure that was completely needed. Sure we got more story since we weren't restricted to one POV but it was a little hard to keep track of everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Dawn.