dblue's Reviews > Dex in Blue

Dex in Blue by Amy Lane

Feb 24, 2015

bookshelves: audiobook, m-m
Read from October 07, 2012 to February 24, 2015

I love the way this book took my expectations and tossed them out the window, then proceeded to exceed them in ways I had not imagined. I loved Dex from Chase in Shadow. I wanted him to have his his story told and get his happy ending. I just did not know what the journey would be like. It was better than I hoped for. I enjoyed seeing the characters from Johnnies again and a glimpse of what they were/are doing. Amy Lane is one of my favorite authors. Her books are a sensual experience. I can't wait to see where she takes us next. (October 09, 2012)

Audiobook review: 02/24/2015

Once again, I am blown away with the audiobook. Love the narrator and listening to the story allowed me to pick up on things that I had forgotten from when I read the book. It gave a slightly different nuance to the characters. This is especially true for Kane and Dex's brother Travis.

I had forgotten Kane's childlike quality to embrace the little things, love life, be thoughtful, caring and forgiving. He may come across as simple but he is much more, he just doesn't like complicated. He is passionate and I got a kick out of his love for bugs and reptiles. (Gotta Love Tomas)

Dex's quality to take care of everyone shines in this book and the story that his brother Travis tells, really grabbed my heart and I found myself saying - Yes, that's Dex/David, exactly.

It had been a while since I had read this book and I had forgotten the specifics about a couple of characters and well, it provoked less than kind thoughts about those characters.

I already loved this book and the audiobook only helped to reinforce that feeling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dex in Blue.

02/16/2015 marked as: currently-reading