Rich Hoffman's Reviews > Tail of the Dragon

Tail of the Dragon by Rich Hoffman

Sep 11, 2012

(Review from the author)
Read in February, 2012

It's a combination of all the books I have loved over my thirty years of intense reading. But don't just take my word for it. Here are what other readers, celebrities, and New York Times Bestsellers are saying about 'Tail of the Dragon':

“Tale of the Dragon” is a fun ride with a great message! Rich Hoffman is a rare, consistent, true conservative voice!

–Doc Thompson nationally syndicated radio host and regular guest host for the Glenn Beck Program

——————————————————————–

“With Tale of the Dragon, Rich Hoffman combines NASCAR, Rebel Without a Cause, and Smokey and the Bandit. If you like fast cars, and hate speed traps, this is the book for you. And just every once in a while, any real American wishes he had a Firebird like the one in Tale of the Dragon.”

–Best Selling author Larry Schweikart of ‘7 Events that Made America, America,’ and co-author of #1 Best Seller ‘A Patriot’s History of the United States’

————————————————————————

“Rich Hoffman has very skillfully, and with the obvious storyteller’s touch, expressed some of the great challenges that we face as a society today in a way that anyone can understand and enjoy within the context of a great story. ‘Tail of the Dragon’ will enlighten all who read it, young and old, and I highly recommend it.”

–Joshua Charles co-author of the #1 New York Times Best Seller ‘The Original Argument’ with Glenn Beck

————————————————————

“Wow, I just finished reading ‘Tail of The Dragon’ and I physically feel like I just got off a roller coaster without the benefit of a safety harness.

If you believe that progressive policies pushed by collectivist politicians can rob a vibrant free and independent country of its spirit, how excited you will be to see one man, desperate for freedom – powerful enough and devoid of chains, who refuses to capitulate, take on a government without a soul and bring it to its knees!

The spirit of Ayn Rand is still alive and is being lived and written about by Rich Hoffman…Galt/Stephens 2016!

I was impressed how this skillful author can tell this story that involves sleazy politics without using profanity.

Hoffman got it right.”

–George Lang, West Chester Twp. Trustee, (voted in the top 100 places to live in the nation.)
------------------------------

“Just finished the book and am sweating profusely. Wow, what a ride !!! Fasten your seat belts for one of the most thrilling rides ever in print.”

–Ron and Nancy Johnson from Discovery Channel’s Hell Roads episode on Tail of the Dragon

————————————————————-

“In a society disconnected and apathetic to the “fundamental transformation” of our country, Rich Hoffman has brilliantly created a novel that can entertain to the masses while still delivering a powerful message that needs to be heard. If you’re looking for a thriller that appeals to your rebellious but still common sense driven self, be sure to fasten your seat belts, pop your clutch, and peel out for Tail of the Dragon.”

–Matt Clark from the Clarkcast Radio Network, WAAM Radio, Ann Arbor

“Rich Hoffman’s book ‘Tail of the Dragon’ takes you on a joy ride through the winding hills of Tennessee and through the exploration of truth. From the book, ‘truth isn’t something you can hide from people.’ Rich Hoffman doesn’t hide the truth about the intrusion of government in all of our lives.”

–Ann Becker–President of the West Chester Tea Party

————————————————————–

I just finished my copy of the ‘Tail of the Dragon’ and I have to say that it is a magnificent, classic, American tale! I can’t explain how deep of a love I feel for this country after reading it and how refreshed my patriotism has become. Because of this story I feel a want to set things in a better direction not only for our country as a whole but for myself as well. This is definitely in my top 10 books of all time.

- Brooke Townsend

——————————————————-

I really enjoyed the chase sequence…would love to see that filmed.

- Nance Kruh-Meyer

————————————————————

A great read. You will enjoy the book. It is real life, and exciting!

More at this link:

And this is a short article from the publisher:

- Graeme George

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tail of the Dragon.

Quotes Rich Liked

Rich Hoffman
“More helicopters hovered to the south, and a large troop carrier lifted off the ground a mile ahead. These weren’t the same helicopters Rick had left behind in Tennessee. These were new ones from North Carolina. They must have had a plan, but Rick wasn’t in any hurry to run to his doom. He slowed down to seventy miles per hour and looked at Renee.
“I love you, too,” he said.
Renee’s heart lurched into her throat. The reserved look on his face was something she wasn’t used to seeing. “Do you think this is it?”
“I don’t know.” He looked again at the fuel gauge.
She put her hand over the gauge, covering it from his view. “Do you remember what you told me once?”
Rick smiled. “That, sometimes, it’s best not to know.”
“Just don’t quit on me. Don’t make this a worthless gesture.” Renee forced him to look at her.
Rick feared running out of fuel in the middle of these mountains. He feared the fury of the Firebird’s losing power, rolling to a stop, becoming helpless, and giving all these patrolmen a chance to catch up to them and gun them down like Bonnie and Clyde. Surely, they would use lethal force and nothing else.
But as long as that engine ran and Rick was behind the wheel, they had a chance to live. And every second of life mattered.
“OK, just hang on,” he said, meeting her gaze. He reached over and kissed her gently.
Renee relished the kiss, closing her eyes and then opening them wide to take in the mountains. Did it hurt, getting shot? She wondered if she’d know when the last drop of blood flowed out of her body. What would happen to Rick? Would he be with her? Would they know each other without bodies? The mountains sure were beautiful.”
Rich Hoffman, Tail of the Dragon

Rich Hoffman
“And you’ve spent your whole life wanting to be an outlaw,” James said. “And you wonder why I don’t listen to you.”
Rich Hoffman, Tail of the Dragon