Lola's Reviews > Soul Avenged

Soul Avenged by Keri Lake

Apr 24, 13

bookshelves: e-books-on-kobo, books-that-i-own, got-a-copy-for-review-reviewed
Read from September 07 to 11, 2012

I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

When I started this book I was a bit unsure if I would like it. It starts out pretty violent and the world is dark. But even though there were some gruesome details I really enjoyed this book. I beta read this book, so my review is based on the beta version of this book, this means it is entirely possible the book is even better when you read it.

The story is so good, the beginning is a bit confusing and I had so many questions about what was happening. But it doesn’t take much time before it starts making sense and then I just wanted to keep reading, because the story was awesome. I wanted to know what was going to happen. I also liked the mystery in this book, there is so much going on and so much that I wanted to know and understand and I just kept firing all of my question towards the author because I couldn’t wait to learn more.

I also liked the fact that we get to see multiple point of views in this book. It makes the story so much better, we even get to see the perspective of the “evil” guys and get to understand a bit of their minds and perspective. I love multiple point of views, although some POV switches where a bit confusing and the author also switched perspective in the same chapter a few times, on the one hand this is a bit confusing, but it also allowed to easily switch perspectives and give both characters opinion of what happened.

At the beginning I wasn’t really interested in the characters, but as the book progresses we learn more about them and I began to like many of them. I still think that some character could’ve used a bit more attention, but the author assured me we get to know them better in the next books. I really liked Ayden, the main character, she is broken, but is also very strong and I liked seeing her develop as the story progresses. I also really liked Annabelle, she is so caring and nice, but also loves to gossip and even though she is a side character I really liked her. And ofcourse I liked Kane, he is thrown into this world from which he knows nothing and he manages to stay a good guy even through everything that happens. Also it felt like all characters had hiding depths and there is more to them than what we learn in this book. We do get some glimpses of the personalities of most of the characters in this book.

The world building is one of the things I love most about this book. The author has created such an interesting world. And even though only small parts of it are explained in this first book, it did capture my attention and I only wanted to know more and understand everything about this world. There are demons and Lycans in this world, but both are different from what you usually read in this genre. I loved the originality of the world and can’t wait to learn more about it.

To conclude: I really enjoyed this book. The story was great and interesting and I couldn’t wait to read more and learn more about it. I really liked the characters and loved seeing multiple perspectives. And the world was so interesting and I wanted to know more about this world than we learn in this book. I can’t wait to see from who’s POV the next book is and what will happen. The ending gave some clues of what is to come and I want to read the next book now!
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Avenged.

09/08/2012 page 35
6.55% "So far it's good, although I just want to know more about everything. I guess I have to be more patient."
09/08/2012 page 80
14.98% "I want to read more, such an interesting world. Only minpoint is that I want my answers faster than I get them :P. Intriguing story."
show 2 hidden updates…

J.A. Belfield Awesome review. I've been offered a copy of this to beta read. I'm having to hold off because I've so much on my plate at the mo, but damn, peeps' comments are making me want to read it sooner.

Lola You should read it, it is really good and I am so glad I got this to beta read. Can't wait to hear what you think of it, Keri's writing style has really improved and this book is so much better then the first book she wrote

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill Your review makes me want to read it!

J.A. Belfield Lolita wrote: "You should read it, it is really good and I am so glad I got this to beta read. Can't wait to hear what you think of it, Keri's writing style has really improved and this book is so much better the..."

I'm not sure it's so much that it's improved, I think the story just came to her in the style it did. I'm just reading a review book I got sent. Maybe I'll request this one when I'm done with it. :D

Lola Jill wrote: "Your review makes me want to read it!"

You should, it is really good! Although it isn't releashed yet, you can add it to your to-read list :p

@ J, maybe that's the reason. You better read it soon so I can discuss the book with you :P

J.A. Belfield I think I might go email her. My review read is a paperback so I could do my book for upstairs reading and kindle for downstairs reading I like to do. Darn you, Lolita. I'm a busy woman right now. :p
I'll start it as soon as I've finished proofreading Blue Moon. There's only so many titles I can deal with all at once.

Lola Well I am reading blue moon right now so does that makes us even :P?

J.A. Belfield Actually, that makes me petrified. You're a tough cookie. ;o)

Lola uhm well so far I am liking it better than darkness and light :p. The plot is better.

message 10: by J.A. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.A. Belfield Cool. Hopefully, that continues. :D

message 11: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola I hope so too :)

Twigs1704 Great review Lolita! I have not written mine quiet the way I wanted to yet but you have said it all. I didn't understand a lot of things at first either. Her plot twists were great!

message 13: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola There will be a glossary in the final version of the book, I think that will help quite a lot. It really was an awesome book and indeed the plot twists where great!

Twigs1704 I got the glossary the other day but I have not looked at it yet.