Manny's Reviews > Stjärnor utan svindel

Dec 26, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: swedish-norwegian-and-danish, trash, too-sexy-for-maiden-aunts
Read in January, 1997

or, "How I Left My Dreary Husband For Another Woman And Wrote A Best-Selling Novel About It Barely Even Bothering To Change The Names, Including All The Stuff I Did With Said Other Woman In Absurd Tasteless Detail"

At least, I'm guessing that was one of the titles she suggested to her publisher when they discussed an English translation. But probably they decided there wasn't enough of a market.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stjärnor utan svindel.

message 1: by Megha (last edited May 03, 2011 12:54PM) (new)

Megha Have you seen Woody Allen's Deconstructing Harry? He keeps turning his friends into enemies by writing about them in his novels.

Manny mp wrote: "Have you seen Woody Allens' Deconstructing Harry? He keeps turning his friends into enemies by writing about them in his novels."

I watched that movie on a plane when I was very sleepy and don't remember much about it. I seem to recall there was a segment that was a kind of parody/homage of Wild Strawberries. Was I imagining that?

message 3: by Megha (last edited May 03, 2011 10:26AM) (new)

Megha Manny wrote: "I seem to recall there was a segment that was a kind of parody/homage of Wild Strawberries. Was I imagining that? "

That could actually be right. Both the movies have a central character traveling to receive an honor and looking back on his life and relations. If I remember correctly, the two lead characters are very different from each other though.
One of the ways in which Harry revisits the past is through his writings that were real stories of people in his life.