Stephanie's Reviews > The Unsung Hero

The Unsung Hero by Suzanne Brockmann

Dec 26, 2008

bookshelves: medium-hot-romantic-suspense, susan-brockmann
Read in February, 2009

Okay, I finished the book last night at about 10:30!

I loved this book after about page 150. I was a little slow at first. That may be b/c I have been reading a lot of Lora Leigh, girl doesn't waste any time, if ya know what I mean!

Very few books make me cry, but this one did. I love a book that stays with you for a while after you finish. Unsung Hero has managed to do just that! I cannot wait to get into the rest of the series.

Tom is a very likable hero with flaws. Kelly is a great character, who has been holding a torch for Tom for 16 years. When they finally manage to hook back up after 16 years, the tables are turned and Kelly comes across as only interested in the sex. The scenes were these two rediscover each other are very sensual and touching.

Brockmann manages to keep three story lines going at one time, two in present day and one flash back to WWII. I had a bit of trouble with this at first, but as the stories progress, I found all story lines very written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unsung Hero.

02/02/2009 page 53
08/19/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim Good review! I plan to start this series this month. Everyone is talking about Ms. Brockman lately. I've got to see what she is about.

Auntee Love her writing and this series. You're going to fall in love with these characters, Stephanie.

Kim, another great series to try!:)

message 3: by Fee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fee thnx for the review, i think im going to start this series when ive finished the 1 im readng now.

hahaha lora leigh has spoiled alot of books for me shes a really good writer and other books do seem slow compaired to hers, but ive run out of her books to read so looking around for good books :)