Melliane's Reviews > Edge of Oblivion

Sep 30, 12

Read from September 07 to 12, 2012

Mon avis en Français

My English review

And here is the second volume by J.T. Geissinger. I must say that I was really curious to get into this new one. Although I loved the first book about Jenna, I was eager to follow Morgan this time. It’s interesting because she is a very complex character and it was really nice to discover her a little more.

The novel continues immediately after the first one, Jenna is now the Queen but Morgan is always accused of high treason after what she did. And there is only one solution to that, as for all crimes: death. But our heroine perfectly understands this choice and even if she doesn't want to die, she accepts it without rebelling. But luckily for her, Jenna who greatly appreciates her, has another solution on the day of the sentence. Morgan must go to Rome to find out who the Expurgari are and to kill them once and for all to destroy the threat. But for this, she must be accompanied by Xander, a heartless assassin who will take care of her if she fails. However, their arrival in Rome will totally be turned upside down when they encounter a not identified Ikati who intends to meddle in their affairs.

This novel is full of surprises and I really enjoyed following this new couple so different from the first one. It was cute to discover these two characters and see their feelings rising slowly and changing. Well, they both flatly refuse to deal with what they feel, knowing how all this will end. Both of them are complex and interesting, and we take pleasure in understanding them throughout the story. Morgan keeps her composure under all circumstances, and as the first volume presented her to us, she is one of the most courageous and honest woman. A very good point for her.

We immediately wonder who are these Ikati in Rome and what they will bring to the story. But we have our answers all along the story, we even open up new possibilities for the rest of the story. We remained fairly confined to the same places in the first volume, and especially the tribe, it was interesting to see other places and I hope it will continue like that.

This new novel was therefore a beautiful surprise as the first one. A very good volume with a love story that we enjoy as soon as we start the book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Oblivion.

09/09/2012 page 77