Holly's Reviews > Cherished

Cherished by Maya Banks

Sep 07, 12

bookshelves: 200-books-in-2012, september-2012, read-in-2012
Read on September 06, 2012

I only read the Dane novel.

This is the first Delicious story, a continuation of the Brown Siblings series. The world is one of my favorites. Down-to-Earth professionals living their lives and falling in love.

This is the story of Daisy and Levi. Daisy is a 24 year old artist and Levi is a 40 year old attorney from a privileged family. They meet by chance at a dance studio and have an instant connection. Daisy is open to a relationship, but Levi isn't looking for love.

Daisy is a woman who knows what she wants. She may be 24, but she's confident in herself and sure of her place in the world. She isn't ashamed of her sexuality or of wanting more than a fling from Levi. She is my favorite kind of heroine. Not pushy or in your face, but independent and capable.

Levi is a dominant alpha-male. He's interested in BDSM but has been denying that part of himself because he doesn't want to let someone that close to him. While his feelings were understandable given his past, I had a hard time connecting with him.

I think his character would have worked better if he'd been written younger. His actions and reactions seemed immature at times (view spoiler), especially for an established 40 year old.

They worked well together, but Levi's thoughts and feelings on his own marred my enjoyment somewhat. It's still a solid story, but not my favorite of Dane's.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cherished.

message 1: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin I wish the Dane novella was available separately - I'd like to read it but have no interest in the Banks - I've seen many reviews which make it clear that it would not be to my taste - but $9.99 is a lot to pay for a half a book.

Holly She may have plans to release it on its own at a later date. I know how you feel. I hate paying full price when I only want one story in an anthology.

message 3: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin fingers crossed :)

Do you think I need to read it before Delicious or Lush?

Holly No. I read Tart first by accident and didn't struggle with it at all. You should be fine.

message 5: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin thx :)