Ryan Field's Reviews > Destroy Student Debt: A Combat Guide to Freedom

Destroy Student Debt by Joe Mihalic

Sep 07, 12

Joe writes with an honest voice and a clear message. I agree with all the other four and five star reviews here (Amazon) and it's hard to add more than what's already been said so far. But I'd like to mention that the book is as professionally executed as any book published by one of the big publishers out there. I also like it when non-fiction authors add personal stories. It makes the content more visual and keeps my attention. I would also like to add that a book like this has the possibility of setting a new trend, where learning to manage money and learning to deal with debt takes us to another level where debt becomes a thing of the past for most people. We're living in interesting times now and the information in this book is a good example of how important it is to face our finances head on.

This is one line that seemed to sum the book up for me:

"As Long as you continue to consume, you won't be able to pay down your student debt quickly."

There are many other lines just as profound. But this one can be used toward all kinds of debt. If you have credit card debt, it can be applied. You can even apply it to your mortgage debt. He also explains the difference between being cheap and frugal, which I thought was an important distinction to make. He also gets into self-esteem issues and personal experiences that I thought most of us could relate to on certain levels. And it's done in such an honest way I found myself surprised more than once.

If you're looking for a book to help you figure out how to pay down student debt, you'll be glad you read this. And if you're looking for a nice book that will help you look at money differently, you'll be just as glad you read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destroy Student Debt.