Dora Hiers's Reviews > Over the Edge

Over the Edge by Mary Connealy

Sep 07, 12

Read in September, 2012

Seth Kincaid is crazy. At least that's what the first two books in the series, In Too Deep and Out of Control, led me to believe. Seth suffers memory loss and traumatic stress from prior injuries and the war, and was heavily medicated. He doesn't remember much about what happened after the war, including getting married. His wife, Callie, comes looking for him at his brothers' ranch, and refuses to forgive him until he proves he's not crazy and not going to leave again.

I enjoyed the transformation of a crazy cowboy into a heroic one, but gun-toting Callie actually demonstrates more heroism in the beginning action of Over the Edge. Love the nice mix of attraction between Callie and Seth, mingled with "how can I possibly love this guy?" in Ms. Connealy's typical, sarcastic writing style. I also appreciate the subtle theme threaded through this book: Can a person lose their soul? Are they ever too far gone to be forgiven? Over the Edge is a perfect read for all ages and any time of the day!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House Publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Edge.