Blacky *Romance Addict*'s Reviews > Warrior's Cross

Warrior's Cross by Madeleine Urban

5 utterly brilliant and beautiful stars for this book and couple

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Unfortunately for me, when I started reading this book I got sick Photobucket It started out as a mild form of butterflitis stomachitis. After a few chapters I got the fever and started melting every now and then, my throat had some problems so I couldn't speak properly, it all came out as squeeling. Near the end matters got worse. My butterflitis stomachitis grew into acute sobbitis, which manifested through my eyes and the constant tear-leaking. And for some reason my hormones went all wild and I was very emotional. Luckily for me, the medicine I took at the end of the book cured me, I think it's called happyendingamol, so I'd recommend it if you ever get sick like me Photobucket

Even though I was sick, I enjoyed the book so so much Photobucket the writing is excellent, and I was glued to my reader untill I finished :)

Cameron and Julian - ohhh what a wonderful couple, I simply adore them! The chemistry they have is through the roof Photobucket The book starts in the restaurant where Cameron is a waiter, and Julian is a regular customer. This is full of glances, looks, slow conversation that will get your nerves and anticipation high like a rocket! It was just intense! Cameron doesn't know practically anything about Julian, but he's infatuated for months, and on Christmas Eve they talk Photobucket and Julian walks Cameron home Photobucket and Cameron takes his hand Photobucket that whole scene was utter perfection, one of the best romantic scenes I've read Photobucket
So they start a relationship and everything goes slowly :) I won't say anything else about the story, don't want to ruin it if you decide to read the book :) I'll just say that they are so wonderfull together, so sweet, I simply adored them Photobucket

The ending (last 30% or so) was intense, but considering the genre and Julian's occupation that isn't a big surprise XD I WISH that tense part was shorter, it kinda dragged the story, but oh well. I'd give it 4 stars for that, but I simply can't, I know, I'm stupid, that's not the way to review, but I just can't. The characters were so good, they overshadowed any fault the book might have, and I loved them so much that they deserve 5 stars, if not even more.

Best scenes:

- Cameron and Julian exchanging glances in the restaurant (well, every damn scene with them in the restaurant is 5 star worthy Photobucket )
- the first time Julian spoke to Cameron
- Christmas Eve, Julian and Cameron walking in the street (major meltdown Photobucket )
- first sex scene - HOT! Jeez was it hot!
- when Cameron thinks he won't see Julian again
- when Julian finds Cameron on the bathroom floor Photobucket Photobucket
- Julian giving Cameron the present Photobucket
- the moving of Cameron's boss
- the funeraaalll oh that was sad Photobucket Photobucket
- the ending of course Photobucket

This was a wonderful read, I simply love this book and it definitely goes in my favorites Photobucket

Can't wait to read about Cameron and Julian in the Cut&Run series Photobucket

Buddy re-read with Nicole and Shelly<3

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warrior's Cross.

Quotes Blacky *Romance Addict* Liked

Abigail Roux
“He’s the kind of man who if you gave him a gun and told him he had two choices—“shoot one of your dogs or shoot yourself in the head”—he’d put the gun to his ear and pull the trigger.”
“Hell, Jules, you’d do the same thing if someone did that to you and your goddamned cats,” Blake said in amusement.
“No,” Julian murmured with a shake of his head. “No, there’s a third option. People like us, we’re third-option people. We take the gun, stuff it in the person’s mouth, and eliminate the problem. Walk off into the sunset with our kitty.”
Abigail Roux, Warrior's Cross

1.0% "This is connected to C&R, and it looks interesting :)))" 2 comments
09/14/2012
30.0% "OMG! This is so f*cking excellent! I can't stop smiling! I have butterflies in my stomach ever since I started reading this, and they're not going away! Cameron and Julian are SO great! Just wow! This is why I can't stop reading M/M!" 12 comments
09/14/2012
43.0% "I don't know if it's PMS or whatever, but this book just has my emotions in a storm, Julian just found Cameron on the bathroom floor :( I want to cry like a baby :("
67.0% "OMG! Crying here Photobucket" 7 comments
05/03/2013
14.0% "
Julian turned to face him as the snow began to fall harder. "Is that all you think of me then?"

"No", he murmured distractedly. "I think..."

Julian raised an eyebrow as Cameron trailed off.

"I ask because I think of you," he told Cameron quietly. "Quite a lot."

" 40 comments
05/04/2013
42.0% "
"Is it Tuesday?"

"It is," Julian answered gently.

"Couldn't call," Cameron rasped as his head lolled in Julian's lap.
"No number."

Julian's apology was an agonized whisper.

" 38 comments

Shelley I'd love to know what you think. This has been on my TBR for a while. Hope you like it :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* I just started and so far it looks interesting :) But you never know, right...

message 3: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Muses Make sure you look up Madeleine Urban's playlist for this (on her LiveJournal account) after reading. The songs are specific to scenes, and I was moved even though I haven't yet read the book.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Erin wrote: "Make sure you look up Madeleine Urban's playlist for this (on her LiveJournal account) after reading. The songs are specific to scenes, and I was moved even though I haven't yet read the book."

Oh thanks very much, I'll do that :)))

Ok I'm off to read this, it's very intriguing!!!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Look forward to your thoughts on it, Blacky.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Baba I'm absolutely loving this!!! So far it's so good, amazing actually, I didn't think it would be, but it is! Like I said, when I started reading I had butterflies in my stomach and they haven't left yet! I'm really enjoying the book :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Blacky wrote: "Baba I'm absolutely loving this!!! So far it's so good, amazing actually, I didn't think it would be, but it is! Like I said, when I started reading I had butterflies in my stomach and they haven't..."

Hey, that's great news, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yes it is! Now I know I'll have to get myself every single book written by AR & MU! Simply amazing :) YAY!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Blacky wrote: "Yes it is! Now I know I'll have to get myself every single book written by AR & MU! Simply amazing :) YAY!"

See? You are hooked on m-m. LOL

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yes I am. Bought and sold, done deal XD Ahhh but I like it heheheheh

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Blacky wrote: "Yes I am. Bought and sold, done deal XD Ahhh but I like it heheheheh"

*giggles*

message 12: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Muses I bought both this and Caught Running after I finished C&R 6. They just seem to hit the right spot with me.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yes, now I know I'll have to get ALL their books! I love C&R, but didn't think they could repeat something great in another book, but they did and this is so wonderfull! I don't have words <3 Can't wait to see the playlist, I really wonder what the songs are :)

message 14: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Muses Oh, they are designed to cause sobbing and angst. ;) I actually didn't know many of them, but there is a youtube link to each one, which got my tear ducts moving. Just ask Baba - I left tear stains on one of her reviews. :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Well damn, it's good I'm not listening to them now, even without the songs I want to cry and hug them both <3 it's very emotional

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Erin wrote: "Oh, they are designed to cause sobbing and angst. ;) I actually didn't know many of them, but there is a youtube link to each one, which got my tear ducts moving. Just ask Baba - I left tear sta..."

Yes, I can confirm that. I think my thread is still wet. :-)
No worries, though, everything's ok. Ladies, I'm hitting the sack. Nighty night.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Review is up, finished it, loved it, recommend it totally!!!

Karen Love your review Blacky!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Karen wrote: "Love your review Blacky!!"

Thanks Karen :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Em - everybody's got a dark side ;) wrote: "*squeaks* Love the review, hunnie, and the gifs :D"

Ahah thanks Em :)

Kelly Love your review, as always, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thank you Kelly :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter LOL Very entertaining review, Blacky! Well done!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Babs, I just love this book so much <3

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Blacky wrote: "Thanks Babs, I just love this book so much <3"

Feel free to spread some more love... :-)

message 26: by Heller (new)

Heller Blacky, this review is awesome! Omg, so funny! Glad to hear you liked this one. Love me some Urban/Roux. :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Ahahah thanks Heller :) After this one, I realised I have to get ALL their books! Just awsome!

KindleRomance Reviews Awesome review Blacky!! I'm so glad you read this before the next Cut. It helps so much to know & love these guys first.

Blacky *Romance Addict* I can't tell you how happy I am because Julian and Cameron were simply amazing! I can't imagine reading C&R and not knowing them :S Now I can't wait to see their parts in the other book, yaaay!

KindleRomance Reviews I'm with you! It was an amazing book on it's own, but after you read the next Cut book, I think you'll agree that this was a must-read first. Can't wait to see your next review!

message 31: by Blacky *Romance Addict* (last edited Sep 15, 2012 06:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blacky *Romance Addict* :) My next one's actually C&R #4, heard it ends in a cliffhanger, and Julian and Cameron appear in #5, so I decided to read this one before those two, I know I won't be able to stop myself whan I finish 4 to go straight to 5 heheheh but yeah, I'm glad I read this first :) I had it in my tbr, would read it eventually, but it wouldn't be the same to read after c&r

KindleRomance Reviews I was glad I waited to start the series. The cliff would have really upset me otherwise. One of these days I'm going to put my foot down and refuse to start a series unless it's finished OR I really trust the author not to do a cliffhanger. It's just too frustrating.

Blacky *Romance Addict* yup I HATE those :( I usually read only finished series or those I know that have different characters for different books, they always tend to have a separate ending, and a normal one lol. This is the first series I've read that's a whole series only about 2 characters (and I swore to myself i would NEVER read those, but here I am) I almost had a heart-attack when I heard there was going to be 9 books in C&R! 9!!!!!! That's just crazy, no matter how much I love those guys

KindleRomance Reviews I'll be fine with 9 books if she keeps building plots where they can work together and share more of themselves. If they start to have any relationship issues, or something really bad happens to one of them, I will not be happy. Keeping my fingers crossed!

message 35: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Blacky!

message 36: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph I agree Kris. I will be so annoyed of she starts giving them problems :(
I want them happy.

Shelley Blacky!!! I am SOLD!! Awesome review honeyxx

DaisyGirl Great review, Blacky. I just finished this one too and LOVED it! I agree with Kris, Warrior's Cross is a must-read before C&R 5. I wish I had. Don't get me wrong, I still loved C&R 5 but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I knew Julian and Cam's back story. I understand that you decided to read Warrior's Cross in between C&R 3 and 4, in light of the infamous cliffhanger at the end of Divide & Conquer ... clever girl!!! :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Karla wrote: "Great review Blacky!"

Thanks Karla :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Steph wrote: "I agree Kris. I will be so annoyed of she starts giving them problems :(
I want them happy."

I doubt it will all be happy, I mean, 9 books? The last two will probably be with major cliffs :(

Blacky *Romance Addict* Shelley wrote: "Blacky!!! I am SOLD!! Awesome review honeyxx"

Ahah Thanks Shelley! I hope you give it a shot :) it's a great book

Blacky *Romance Addict* DaisyGirl wrote: "Great review, Blacky. I just finished this one too and LOVED it! I agree with Kris, Warrior's Cross is a must-read before C&R 5. I wish I had. Don't get me wrong, I still loved C&R 5 but I would ha..."

Lol! Thanks :) Well I know me, and I know I have no self control, so there's no way I would've read this between 4 and 5, just lucky me that I found out about the cliffh :) and I'm so glad I read this, they were just beautiful together <3

message 43: by Dee (new)

Dee Fab review Blacky! ☺

Blacky *Romance Addict* Dee wrote: "Fab review Blacky! ☺"

Thanks Dee :)

message 45: by Jill (new)

Jill Wonderful (and cute) review, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Jill wrote: "Wonderful (and cute) review, Blacky!"

Thanks Jill, it's a wonderful book <3

message 47: by Simone (new)

Simone Haha - butterflitis stomachitis! You're a funny girl Blacky xo

Blacky *Romance Addict* Simone wrote: "Haha - butterflitis stomachitis! You're a funny girl Blacky xo"

LOL! Thanks :D Don't really know how that popped to my mind bwahahah XD

Rach  *Feisty kitty* Loved this review, Blacky you really crack me up haha! Did I miss them in the Cut and Run books so far? I'm only up to beginning of book 3? ;)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lol thanks Racht! Well, they're in book 5, but I'd suggest to read this one after book 3 cause 4 has a slight cliffhanger

« previous 1 3