Omar's Reviews > Short Stories

Short Stories by Anton Chekhov

Sep 07, 12

Read in September, 2012

I dont know if this review can warrant justice to the magnificence and brilliance of Anton Chekhov. All you need to do is read one story. That's all. And you'll be finding any time possible to read each and every other remaining story. Each of the Russian greats have their talents of analyzing the human psych. For Chekhov, his is the ability to develop characters. You see it in every one of his work. And this talent enables him to delve deep into the souls of these characters, yet still maintaining fidelity in perspective. And as the reader, it is sometimes overpowering that we start questioning and developing our own character.
My one and only advice. Read it!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Short Stories.

message 1: by dely (new)

dely I would add also that though he uses a simple language it is very effective, everything is so real. It is a powerful language in its simplicity.
Me too I am reading a collection of Chekhov's stories and till now my favorites are: The Black Monk , Ward No. 6 and The Lady with the Dog. I still have to read 3 stories to finish the book.

Omar Definitely that is something that drew me into his works. with such simple language he sends out a powerful message. For his time, an era filled with prosaic authors, this was a tremendous accomplishment. I loved Lady With the Dog as well and another I'd recommend is The Orator.

message 3: by dely (new)

dely The Orator is not in my collection but I hope to read it some day in another edition.