Mark's Reviews > The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs

The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo

Sep 07, 12

Read in August, 2012

Powerpoint, how many of us have been bored to death by presentations. How many of us have seen presentations that are just documents that are put into Powerpoint and the presenter spends an hour just reading through the presentation paying no attention to the sleeping audience. I know I have on many occasions.

The book details a number of the main skills that Steve Jobs used in his presentations from keynotes at Apple events to acceptance speeches at awards ceremonies.

It is a well written book, which breaks down the art of presentation into distinct elements and uses examples from Steve Jobs as to how these key elements to make our everyday presentations much richer in content and much more focussed in their delivery.

The book is well written, by an experienced coach. Each section breaks down the key skill analyses the elements required, highlights good presentation skills and bad ones. Provides good concise summaries at the end of each section.

Some elements of the book are more focussed towards 'Product' presentation, which considering that what Steve Jobs was presenting is acceptable, but means that for people who are not presenting products, that you have to think more in regards to the use of the item, but in most cases the author provides alternative examples.

The overall pace of the book is good, it isn't to long and is easy to read.

It has already made an impact on my presentations and the way in which I create them and the amount of time I take over practicing the presentations before I give them to an audience.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who regularly presents and who would like to improve their skills in this area.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs.