Nickle Love (Night Owl Reads)'s Reviews > Iridescent

Iridescent by Carol Oates

Oct 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012-paranormal-fantasy, 2012-reading-challenge, wishlist
Read from October 10 to 14, 2012

Originally published in Night Owl Reads.

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher as part of the tour. I enjoyed and loved reading the first book, Ember, and jumped to reading this one right away. The story picks up right where the first book left off, Candra and Sebastian are finally together but there's still a threat to everyone's existence. It was established that Candra is a weapon that no one has any idea what for, and dealing with the loss of her best friend isn't exactly helping anyone.

My favorite scene in this book can be found in chapter 12. Yes, I'm in this for the romance and the intimacy that makes me feel young and in love. I crave the intimacy Candra and Sebastian shared and it's kinda sad that I can only experience it from a book. Moving on...

Candra and Sebastian's relationship feels real and natural, their love isn't just about being together and being all lovey-dovey, they argue and pick fights like a normal couple. Their relationship is put to a test when a new villain comes to town and threatens the existence of Watchers and humans all together. There are twists in the story that I didn't expect and somehow made things worse, or better?, for the couple.

Another thing I liked in this book is that Draven, who seems likely to be the bad guy, isn't that bad at all. He's just not meant to be happy, I guess. As for Ananchel, she did everything for her love for Draven. She may have been bad, but she meant well. Maybe.

The ending totally surprised me, I did not see that coming. I was confused at first because I thought I missed a whole chapter with a big jump like that. It did kinda feel like the end was rushed, but I still recommend it to everyone, you have to read it for yourself, you won't regret it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iridescent.