Reving's Reviews > Pinned

Pinned by Sharon G. Flake

Dec 03, 13

Read from September 06 to 07, 2012

Wow. I love Sharon Flake, not just because she is from Pittsburgh, like me, but that is cool, but because she is just such an excellent writer. I couldn't wait to read Pinned and I was not disappointed. What a wonderful, inspiring, at times, heart-breaking novel.

Autumn and Adonis are very different, but alike in many ways. They both have a disability to live with: Adonis was born without legs and Autumn has extreme difficulty with reading and math. Autumn is in love with Adonis, but Adonis is stoic, a brave face, not needing anyone or anything but himself. The thing is, they both need each other. Autumn is a wrestler and a darn good one and so high school wrestling plays a big and important, interesting role in the book as well. I recall watching a female wrestler at Hampton many years ago and can't imagine the strength it takes to be a wrestler, let alone a female one.

The main characters are so real, it reads like a real diary. The secondary characters are interesting and important. There's a lot going on in this little book.

Fantastic book. Will recommend to all and purchase for our library. Can't wait until it is released so that I can book talk it.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pinned.

Kelly Ing, I just got this in the mail. Significant feminist content? Is Autumn breaking boundaries by being a female wrestler in her school? Or is it no big deal (which is also cool)?

Reving Actually it really is not a big deal, there's a bit about it- how the guys are intimidated and dont want to lose to a girl- biter autumn is so super amazing it doesn't even seem to phase her at all! Oh dude- the Hallowed 9ones that does for sure!!!